Cobalts SS banner

help... need answers asap!

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  superjuggie14 
#1 ·
my gf wants a fun, fast, manual used car and she said she likes these

but before i look more into them i need to ask you already owners some important questions...

how female friendly would an ss be for my gf?
whats the maintainance like on these cars difficult or not?
what engine type would be best?
if it's factory supercharged is it a 2.0?
i've seen some ss coupes with a factory lower grill and some without with the intercooler showing... from factory like that or what?

i know nothing about these cars and i'm relying on you guys to help me out so my girl can get a car she won't hate.... thanks!!

#2 ·
I would have to say to recommend the SS to her just because I own one too but just a couple things to answer your question or to add on:

Since she is a woman, the gearing being short 1st and 2nd, she might have a hard time finding thr***le control and jerk the car a lot. Maintenance is pretty easy on the 2.0 S/C except changing the oil filter because the S/C is kind of in the way. Any engine type would be best because they are all ecotec but if she wants power, get the 2.0 S/C or if you trust her with more, then get the turbo. The whole intercooler deal you are asking I have no clue about but all I know that the SS trims came with ground effects like a front and rear splitter and side skirts factory.

Good luck on the buy no matter what you choose. Hopefully she becomes a Cobalt owner! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.