Cobalts SS banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had trouble deciding to. I went with red and black interior with red inserts. My second option was black. And a lot of people tell me they like the yellow. I just liked the red because it shows off body lines better.

·
Registered
48 Posts
dascrow said:
I wish they were making a white one.. white with black int.. would look awesome.. dark tinted windows.. ahh :)
Man, your reading my mind...my friend just bought a 05 RSX type S (white with limo tint and a black interior).... so sexy.....lol

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was thinking of getting a black one as well, but decided on Red w/ red/black interior.

Why not black? I've personally owned two Chevy's in the past, family has had four, and it is my opinion that their factory paint sucks compared to Dodge and F**d :D . Of course, the paint on the higher end cars (Corvette, SSr, etc) is better.

I'd hate to get a new black SS s/c only to have swirl marks in the paint after the very first wash/wax, and I don't want to spend five hours buffing/waxing them out. Of course, all the colors are still Chevy paint, so they will most likely all get swirl marks, it is just 10x's more noticeable on black vehicles.

Go over to srtforums.com and read up about the guys with the black cars, some of them spend up to three hours a wash making sure they don't get swirl marks. I want my car to look nice without having to spend more time polishing than driving.

It's a shame though, the black is gonna be killer, especially with black wheels with polished lip, tinted windows, and blacked out lights.

Just my $0.02, for what it's worth.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
uwilluz said:
I was thinking of getting a black one as well, but decided on Red w/ red/black interior.

Why not black? I've personally owned two Chevy's in the past, family has had four, and it is my opinion that their factory paint sucks compared to Dodge and F**d :D . Of course, the paint on the higher end cars (Corvette, SSr, etc) is better.

I'd hate to get a new black SS s/c only to have swirl marks in the paint after the very first wash/wax, and I don't want to spend five hours buffing/waxing them out. Of course, all the colors are still Chevy paint, so they will most likely all get swirl marks, it is just 10x's more noticeable on black vehicles.

Go over to srtforums.com and read up about the guys with the black cars, some of them spend up to three hours a wash making sure they don't get swirl marks. I want my car to look nice without having to spend more time polishing than driving.

It's a shame though, the black is gonna be killer, especially with black wheels with polished lip, tinted windows, and blacked out lights.

Just my $0.02, for what it's worth.
So true but i want black. And if they had white i would get it. I like Red but every person is going to get red soo like to be a little different.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts