Cobalts SS banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only had my car for about a month and a half and it has a little over 41000 miles because I have a house in Tennessee and Alabama so I'm on the road a good bit which also means that the warranty is gone. The problem I'm having is when I give my car a little gas in 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th gear at low rpms it seems to just loose all power. Its almost like a cylinder isn't firing or something. I just wanna know if its a problem that you guys may have already heard about and know the solution to or if I need to go ahead and take the hit and have it put on a diagnostic and find out what it is from a Chevy dealer.

I'd really appreciate any info that you guys may have that could help me out.

Thanks alot. Mahalley

·
Registered
784 Posts
Im guessing you bought it used and it only had the 36,000 mile warranty. But umm change the spark plugs sound like its not getting enough fire. 40,000+ on a set of plugs on that car i would say are in need of replacements. So if that doesnt clear it up maybe put some Seafoam gas additive in it. It is really good stuff and it keeps your car from creating as much carbon and cleans youe injectors i would try that route before anythign else. I would pull the plug and see what it looks like. SCC just had an article in what a bad and good plug looks like.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts