Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know i don't have a cobalt, but i do like them alot. If they came out a year earlier when i got my srt4 i would have had a very hard decision to make. I'm a chevy guy at heart and really think the SS's are awesome even if they are a little slower stock for stock. Well anyways just saying whats up and giving you guys props on your cars.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha ya i've read everything over there though been there too long, too many of the same questions. Its time to learn about some superchargers since i plan to supercharge my Xtreme.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Supercharging the Xtreme, I like that idea. I'm a fan of the Xtremes. I use to drive an S-10 before I got my redline. How's the power and ride in the Xtreme?

·
Registered
492 Posts
jasonc84 said:
haha ya i've read everything over there though been there too long, too many of the same questions. Its time to learn about some superchargers since i plan to supercharge my Xtreme.
Drop a V8 in there, then supercharge it. haha, watch out wherever you live for an Extreme hauling ass.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
brk_05 said:
Supercharging the Xtreme, I like that idea. I'm a fan of the Xtremes. I use to drive an S-10 before I got my redline. How's the power and ride in the Xtreme?
Well the power is alot better than i thought it would be. Its a reg cab step side, pretty small truck only weighs just over 3000lbs. It has a the better cam so it gets like 10 more hp so its 200hp. I thought it would feel really slow since i was use to driving a modded SRT, but its actuly really fun to drive. Its got snow tires on it right now so if you shift hard it can chirp every gear cept 5th. The ride is very nice, its not too stiff.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Blue04RedLine said:
Drop a V8 in there, then supercharge it. haha, watch out wherever you live for an Extreme hauling ass.
I def would like to do that, but dropping a V8 in there takes a bit of work and a bit of money. I'm gonna look into it though, because even an N/A ls1 would haul ass, then some day i could proly afford a sc or turbo for the v8 and then i would have a truck that was way faster than it needs to be, which i like.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
jasonc84 said:
I def would like to do that, but dropping a V8 in there takes a bit of work and a bit of money. I'm gonna look into it though, because even an N/A ls1 would haul ass, then some day i could proly afford a sc or turbo for the v8 and then i would have a truck that was way faster than it needs to be, which i like.
Yeah my dad's boss is making a twin turbo HEMI powered Chevy Silverado step side it is about done but the really scary part of it NO intercooler, NO blow off valve!! :eek: AND the boost will never stop getting higher (But it will slowly "leak out" no really loud PISST) the truck is built to take about 30- 40lbs of boost. So yeah will get some pics someday when i get some time. :)

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
jasonc84 said:
Not to mention the price of GAS!!! Sheesh my S-10 would have an LS1 for a heart too but gas is killer! I love my mid twenties gas mileage!! (4cyl... :( no power... good mileage! :) )

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
CoBIZZLE said:
Not to mention the price of GAS!!! Sheesh my S-10 would have an LS1 for a heart too but gas is killer! I love my mid twenties gas mileage!! (4cyl... :( no power... good mileage! :) )
The new LS7 powered Z06 is currently estimated at 16/26. How awesome is that??????? If I get one I doubt I would get anywhere near 26mpg though. :eek: :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
87camaroPA said:
Yeah my dad's boss is making a twin turbo HEMI powered Chevy Silverado step side it is about done but the really scary part of it NO intercooler, NO blow off valve!! :eek: AND the boost will never stop getting higher (But it will slowly "leak out" no really loud PISST) the truck is built to take about 30- 40lbs of boost. So yeah will get some pics someday when i get some time. :)
No intercooler??? That is going to be some extremely hot air being pumped into the engine. Talk him into one, I've got an intercooler for sale anyway, hurry someone buy it!!

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
mm_omega2 said:
No intercooler??? That is going to be some extremely hot air being pumped into the engine. Talk him into one, I've got an intercooler for sale anyway, hurry someone buy it!!
LOL yeah i know but it is not ment for be for long disstances just a truck to have fun with LOL. But don't worry he knows what he is doing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ya gas prices kinda suck, esp where i live. I live on an island so prices here are always higher.... for everything. I think a ls1 powered s10 would be sick regardless of gas prices, but boosting the 4.3 might make more sence over all finacialy. I kinda wish i just had a camaro but can't right now, someday i'll get one. Maybe they'll bring them back and i can get a new one.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
jasonc84 said:
Ya gas prices kinda suck, esp where i live. I live on an island so prices here are always higher.... for everything. I think a ls1 powered s10 would be sick regardless of gas prices, but boosting the 4.3 might make more sence over all finacialy. I kinda wish i just had a camaro but can't right now, someday i'll get one. Maybe they'll bring them back and i can get a new one.
We think just alike! S-10's Camaro's sheesh! You must be my twin bro separated at birth LOL! I too will one day own a Camaro SS! :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I will too, even if they don't bring it back i'll get an 02 SS with the slp package and boost that bitch and love life.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
and we would have been even more of twins if the cobalt came out a year earlier, i proly would have gotten one, and it would have been black. I really like how they look, and i proly would have not believed that the srt4 performs a lil better.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
mm_omega2 said:
Its twin-turbo so boost levels won't be high. More in likely he will run nitrous too, no reason not to.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
wasey13 said:
Its twin-turbo so boost levels won't be high. More in likely he will run nitrous too, no reason not to.
Well it will be like 30-40 psi!!! No nitrous.. but any way that enough talk about that .. sorry about going off topic... but i have see only like 3 SLP SS Camaro's but they are sick looking.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts