Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I like your site. I hope i put this in the right spot. I guess stoplight racing is considered road racing. I have a few questions to ask you, but first a brief introduction.

My name is Kevin "Skip" Engle and I work in an office building as an intern. Right now, I work in the mail room. I sift through envelope upon envelope, hopingone will be for me. I am not that lucky. Anyways, I drive a 2003 Acura RSX Type S six speed. I am getting used to the clutch, as my last car was as automatic as it gets.

Now, to the questions. My friend Jerry has a Chevy Cavalier now, but has also preordered a Cobalt SS. He always challenges me to a street race. I never agree, I don't like speeding tickets. I am confident I can take his Cavalier, although it is some high performance model. I am not a big car buff, I am fairly young a naieve when it comes to cars. Right now, the only "mods" I have are a "trick" exhaust that my friend sold me and my "wicked fresh" intaker.

When he gets his new car, he said we are going to race. Should I be afraid or should I ignore his idle threats? Are these cars really that good?

Thanks in advance,
-Skip

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
hey man, welcome to the site...

the SS is definately a car to be respected... soon enough... 1/4mile times are in the low to mid 14's stock...

id say mod your ~S and gaurantee the win :)

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
are you planning on street racing or at the track?... search for an ecu upgrade on the web also...hondata is a popular one, idk roo much about rsx's, but mainly the simple "beginningmodlist"

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Yeah ive heard great stuff about Hondata.

Oh and after you get you car exhalin good w/ the header and exhaust, get it inhalin better by gettin a bigger throttle body and a ported intake manifold!

Not sayin its gonna be cheap, but after all o that, it'll scoot somethin fierce! ;)

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Hey welcome to the site but if you get the headers for your type S you should put up a good fight because that might bring you to level playing grounds but the only thing i would worry about it the tourque that the SS has that might let the SS bet you. Well good luck.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where do I get headers and what do they do.

My friend Tim told me how the intaker and exhaust works. The intaker is like a giant vacuum that sucks air in and the exhaust is like a big leaf blower. He said the intaker gives me 25 housepower and the exhaust gives me 15 housepower. The dealership said I already have 200 housepower. So total I have 240 housepower.

How many does the Cobalt have.

·
Registered
27 Posts
actionjackson...listen man im not tryin to be a dick but if u drive like you talk i dont know if you should be racing, and its an intake not an intaker. the cobalt ss has 205hp to answer your question.

·
Registered
517 Posts
impalass96 said:
actionjackson...listen man im not tryin to be a dick but if u drive like you talk i dont know if you should be racing, and its an intake not an intaker. the cobalt ss has 205hp to answer your question.
Everyone! Quick! Learn street race "lingo" before you drive your car. It'll make you a better driver...

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
JDMCivic said:
Everyone! Quick! Learn street race "lingo" before you drive your car. It'll make you a better driver...
bwaaaahahahahahhahahahaha!!!!

hey action, do a little searching on the net, look up something like "rsx performance" ???... then look at all the different sites that sell things.. learn what gives you what, and what to look out for.. search is your friend!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
impalass96 said:
I'm sorry I'm not hip to the new terminology, as I said before, I am new to "mods" and am willing to learn. My buddy Tim called it an intaker and I assumed it was the correct phrase. Tim has a "wicked phat" Honda. Is wicked phat the right adjective?

Whre could I get a Hondata. I called AutoZone and they said I'd need to order it from somewhere else. Do any of you guys have Hondatas? What should I expect from it?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts