Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Bimmer25, we have posted up some high resolution photos of the Cobalt SS in the photo gallery. Click on any of the links below to see any of the photos in their high resolution glory.

Source: Modern Driver

·
Registered
153 Posts
Rusty rotors.... it's a GM alright.

Kinda glad that they seem to have put the SS/SC hubs on it, might give us some more wheel options sooner.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The 4dr SS doesnt stand out from the regular Cobalt to me- Look at this years 2dr SS you can tell its not your average Cobalt. This one looks like a Cobalt with a Sport Package and nothin more than that. Looks like the same old "SS" from Chevy like the Impalas or Monta Carlos- nothin special about those "SS" either. Just a plain sport version. I personally like the big difference in this years SS and the standard cobalt. It tells everyone that Its not the average Cobalt its different. And not just a SS thrown on the side.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Everyone Read And Reply

OK. lots of comments and opinions about this new SS"" in my opinion it is great. think about it... if GM gives the customer all of the good looks in a car they like. isnt that good marketing?? plus a BIG factor or 2 is that many ppl dont like manuals in the US. and some ppl will say o i like it. and u do. but over 90% ppl have autos. get over it. and also INSURENCE. the rates on a pocket rocket S/C car is a lot. compare that to a factory engine froma small car is talking big cash. and this non S/C will save ya some gas and some tickets... think about it

·
Registered
12 Posts
BALDEAGLE said:
The 4dr SS doesnt stand out from the regular Cobalt to me- Look at this years 2dr SS you can tell its not your average Cobalt. This one looks like a Cobalt with a Sport Package and nothin more than that. Looks like the same old "SS" from Chevy like the Impalas or Monta Carlos- nothin special about those "SS" either. Just a plain sport version. I personally like the big difference in this years SS and the standard cobalt. It tells everyone that Its not the average Cobalt its different. And not just a SS thrown on the side.
correct. These are not "badge enginered" cars at all. Chevy was famous for those. But a lot of dedicated high performance parts instead make up the 2.4L SS cars.

·
Registered
118 Posts
OK. lots of comments and opinions about this new SS"" in my opinion it is great. think about it... if GM gives the customer all of the good looks in a car they like. isnt that good marketing?? plus a BIG factor or 2 is that many ppl dont like manuals in the US. and some ppl will say o i like it. and u do. but over 90% ppl have autos. get over it. and also INSURENCE. the rates on a pocket rocket S/C car is a lot. compare that to a factory engine froma small car is talking big cash. and this non S/C will save ya some gas and some tickets... think about it

i would recommend buying a base model or ls/lt for those who can't drive a stick or don't want a supercharger. i got my 05 for a reason, bc it is the only year not to offer such stupid (pardon my blunt opinion) options on an ss. we must remember, and anyone who knows anything about cars knows...ss stands for super sport. we as consumers are only letting ourselves down when we let gm get away with making low-performance family sedans and passing them off as super sports. i think the non-supercharged 2.4 should be reserved as a package for the ls and the rest of us can know for sure that our car is a true ss. i also think that no 4-door car will ever be worthy of a ss badge...it's a disgrace. sorry if i offended anyone that likes these cars that put the ss badge to shame, i am simply stating that they are not worthy of an ss badge. they might otherwise be great cars.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
jkcarcrazy said:

fleckenwhat said:
i would recommend buying a base model or ls/lt for those who can't drive a stick or don't want a supercharger. i got my 05 for a reason, bc it is the only year not to offer such stupid (pardon my blunt opinion) options on an ss. we must remember, and anyone who knows anything about cars knows...ss stands for super sport. we as consumers are only letting ourselves down when we let gm get away with making low-performance family sedans and passing them off as super sports. i think the non-supercharged 2.4 should be reserved as a package for the ls and the rest of us can know for sure that our car is a true ss. i also think that no 4-door car will ever be worthy of a ss badge...it's a disgrace. sorry if i offended anyone that likes these cars that put the ss badge to shame, i am simply stating that they are not worthy of an ss badge. they might otherwise be great cars.
You have got to be joking.

Let this topic die, you are wrong so so so soooooooooo wrong. Even if it is your oppinion it is still wrong. If they make an Aveo SS, then some of these arguments could be valid, but because it has 4 doors, its not the top of the line SS(Cobalt), so on and so forth does not mean it is not deserving. If that was the case almost all the SSs ever were not "deserving", hell some people think the supercharged Cobalt SS doesn't deserve the badge. Man this topic is so annoying

·
Banned
50 Posts
I'd rather have a Mazda 3 S. It may have 11 less hp and I could get over that, but it just looks so much better than that boring Cobalt, and Im gonna guess better build quality seeing as how we're comparing it to a GM.
Lets see which one looks better, my g/f's 3 S or the Cobalt "SS" (I still cant believe this car gets that moniker :( )......

OR

OR

Yeah I'm definetely gonna have to say the 3 on this one.

·
Banned
50 Posts
Mmm hmmmmm, I love driving that thing. Its nice to drive something that handles better than my GTP with factory struts and springs with 115k on them :( lol

·
Banned
50 Posts
What are "Buuuut thhoooosee areeee reeeeaalllly slooooww" ??? I hope youre not talking about the 3, because the SS sedan only has 11hp on it and I doubt it has much more torque, and I also doubt it weighs alot less if at all. So they are probably around the same performance wise.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts