Cobalts SS banner

HID kits for your Cobalt

10K views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  Malaclypse 
#1 · (Edited)
well just wanted to open up this post by first saying hello everyone. I am currently a vendor on here as well as srtforums.com (i own a srt-4) and many other sites. I wanted to give you all a heads up that i have HID kits for your cars... here is some info on the kits i offer.

we have VHO HID's (very high output) they use a 50watt ballast instead of a 35 watt. the difference is AWSOME! very bright HID's. below are some prices if we get enough people the price will come down.

Plug and play HID's (4000K-12000K except the VHO) you are looking at 300+shipping

for those who want to stand out the VHO kit is available for 425+shipping (remember these are at least twice as bright as normal HID's and these come in all ranges from 4000-12000k).

these kits are great (i am using them on my srt-4) we also have kits for motorcycles which is a nice way to add some "bling" to your bikes.. we can also get aftermarket fogs (HID) but PM me for the price. If we get enough people wanting these kits the prices will drop.

Included in kits are as follows:

The VHO (Very High Output) HID Conversion kit will use genuine HID bulbs and ballasts. Custom moulded bases will be used to ensure proper fitment and beam patterns. This product will include a complete wiring harness that will literally plug directly into your OEM headlight harness via proper mating connectors. The harness provided will include upgraded fuses and relays to ensure you do not draw a higher current from your stock harness than it was designed to provide.

This kit will include the following:

2 x ballast cradles
2 x 50 Watt Xenon Capsules
2 x Upgraded 50 Watt Ballasts
Complete wiring harness
Manufacturer's 1 Yr Warranty
Complete instruction manual.

non VHO kit will include the following:

2 x ballast cradles
2 x Xenon Capsules
2 x Ballasts
Complete wiring harness
Complete instruction manual.
6000K on a SRT-4

8000K Single Stage HID kit

12000K Single Stage HID kit

VHO KIT (6000K) bad picture (looks green but its not and alot brighter in person) This is the VHO kit up against a standard HID kit

here is a 6000K pic

Vette with the 6000K's

6000K freshly installed on a SRT-4

HID KIT IN ACTION VIDEO
HID vid Right click save tgt as

-Thanks
Ryan Libby
Dark Syde Racing

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
it will use HID bulbs the plug ends are the same as your factory bulbs. the kits are 100% plug and play and take about an hour to install... let me say it again 100% plug and play! we offer a 1yr warrenty on the bulbs, ballasts, and wiring and the bulbs last (depending on useage) around 1.5-2yr but if you have any problems with them we have replacements. we have nothing but pos feedback on srtforums and everyone was supprised with the quality (very good quality) in fact one of the members got into a bit of a wreck head on and the HID's pulled through and worked fine even after the wreck...

Discussion starter · #4 ·
here is a quick rundown for everyone:

Halogen wattage 50w
HID wattage 35w (ballast is what makes the power)
Halogen Lumens 1,330
HID Lumens 3,500
Halogen Life Expectancy 350 hours
HID Life Expectancy 2,500 hours
Halogen Efficiency (LM/W lumens to wattage) 15
HID Efficiency (LM/W lumens to wattage) 100

Discussion starter · #6 ·
CoBIZZLE said:
Well I was talkin bout the very high output ones, are they completely plug n go? And do they last generally the same amount of time?? Also what about S-10s I already got one of those :D

yes the VHO kits last the same. i have them for all makes and models.. right now i have some 8000K in stock VHO (one of the nicest looking colors out there)

Discussion starter · #8 ·
CoBIZZLE said:
Didnt you say you can get them for up to 12K??? If so when do you think you'll have some in???
they are special order items im trying to order a few kits.. to be honest the 12k is a redish pink and well you know the police they tend to not like that on a car.. the 8K is a nice color very exotic blue thats not as bad as having red (i have yet to get pulled over with my 8k vho) and i have a set in stock right now that i can have to you in 2-3 business days.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
as with any aftermarket HID kit (dont let the company tell you they are 50 state legal because they are not.) these are not a 50 state legal kit (no HID kit that is aftermarket is) but i as well as my customers have not had any problems due to the kits... and where we live they are VERY hard on us yet we have not had any problems. let me know if you are willing to go with a kit.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
i actually do not have any more Hi/Low kits these are single stage (low beam) but i have a new one out its using a h4 bulb that is run like a HI/low kit (gives more light output when highbeams are applied) if your interested you can have the 1st one for the cobalt (i just got these in and i like how they work out :) ill try to get some pix soon for everyone )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.