Cobalts SS banner

HID kits for your Cobalt

10K views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  Malaclypse 
#1 · (Edited)
well just wanted to open up this post by first saying hello everyone. I am currently a vendor on here as well as srtforums.com (i own a srt-4) and many other sites. I wanted to give you all a heads up that i have HID kits for your cars... here is some info on the kits i offer.

we have VHO HID's (very high output) they use a 50watt ballast instead of a 35 watt. the difference is AWSOME! very bright HID's. below are some prices if we get enough people the price will come down.

Plug and play HID's (4000K-12000K except the VHO) you are looking at 300+shipping

for those who want to stand out the VHO kit is available for 425+shipping (remember these are at least twice as bright as normal HID's and these come in all ranges from 4000-12000k).

these kits are great (i am using them on my srt-4) we also have kits for motorcycles which is a nice way to add some "bling" to your bikes.. we can also get aftermarket fogs (HID) but PM me for the price. If we get enough people wanting these kits the prices will drop.

Included in kits are as follows:

The VHO (Very High Output) HID Conversion kit will use genuine HID bulbs and ballasts. Custom moulded bases will be used to ensure proper fitment and beam patterns. This product will include a complete wiring harness that will literally plug directly into your OEM headlight harness via proper mating connectors. The harness provided will include upgraded fuses and relays to ensure you do not draw a higher current from your stock harness than it was designed to provide.

This kit will include the following:

2 x ballast cradles
2 x 50 Watt Xenon Capsules
2 x Upgraded 50 Watt Ballasts
Complete wiring harness
Manufacturer's 1 Yr Warranty
Complete instruction manual.

non VHO kit will include the following:

2 x ballast cradles
2 x Xenon Capsules
2 x Ballasts
Complete wiring harness
Complete instruction manual.
6000K on a SRT-4

8000K Single Stage HID kit

12000K Single Stage HID kit

VHO KIT (6000K) bad picture (looks green but its not and alot brighter in person) This is the VHO kit up against a standard HID kit

here is a 6000K pic

Vette with the 6000K's

6000K freshly installed on a SRT-4

HID KIT IN ACTION VIDEO
HID vid Right click save tgt as

-Thanks
Ryan Libby
Dark Syde Racing

See less See more
#29 ·
Okay. So i have been reading the post here about the HID kits. I have a few questions...duh.

1. When you install the HID kit, will you lose you High-beam function? Okay this is answered.
2. Luxury cars that come with HID lights such as the IS300 or GS430. Do they have high beam lights? If so? Are they Halogens or HIDs? I would think HIDs in high-beam mode would light up half the block.
3. What is the current kelvan color for the Is300 or GS430 (2006 models)?
4. What kind of impact does this have on the electric system of a Cobalt in general?

Thank you in advance for answering the questions.

#30 ·
1. When you install the HID kit, will you lose you High-beam function? Yes because the only HID high beam is used on a bi-xenon projector.
2. Luxury cars that come with HID lights such as the IS300 or GS430. Do they have high beam lights? If so? Are they Halogens or HIDs? They are halogen when used with a reflector lense 3. What is the current kelvan color for the Is300 or GS430 (2006 models)?True HID is all 4100k-4300k. All other kevlan are tinted hid capsules just like tinted HID look bulbs.
4. What kind of impact does this have on the electric system of a Cobalt in general?The cobalt, like every other halogen equipped car, the wiring is made for a 55w halogen bulb. Although HIDs run at 30w, upon start up they use up to 3x the power of a 55w halogen bulb. This could damage your entire wiring system. The best way to prep for HIDs is to make or buy a wiring harness with thicker gauge wire to compensate for the higher wattage.

Please don't buy HID kits, they are illegal and cause glare and if above 4300k, you are actually decreasing your light output and visibility. Keep it real, do a retrofit of a projector that was designed to distribute HID light. Check out HIDPLANET for more information. :D

#31 ·
I want HIDs for my cobalt. I have a set of ballasts, ignitors, and bulbs, but they don't fit, they are 9007's but won't fit in my reflector for some reason, the locking base is odd.

Would you be willing to do a partial trade for my old ballast and ignitors and extra cash for a cobalt HID set? Or, can you provide me with bulbs that will fit my ignitor and ballast that will work in my cobalt?

#33 ·
Mercury said:
Please don't buy HID kits, they are illegal and cause glare and if above 4300k, you are actually decreasing your light output and visibility. Keep it real, do a retrofit of a projector that was designed to distribute HID light. Check out HIDPLANET for more information. :D
This answered all my questions. The main one being glare for other drivers. I suffer extensively from this and I absolutely hate when it happens.

I was leaning towards sticking with clear glass HO halogens and this sealed the deal. Who cares about what your headlights look like when you're NOT causing people to drive off the road into ditches?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.