Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again, we've acquired images of the upcoming Chevrolet Cobalt SS Sedan. This time around, a Member took several high-resolution and extremely high-quality pictures at a local dealership. The car pictured is silver (versus previous pictures shown in red) and really looks much more attractive! I've included a link below. Check them out now!

High-Resolution Cobalt SS Sedan Pictures

·
Registered
543 Posts
really not liking that backdoor, the window looks way too long then the rear just kinda stops at the rear tires.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
I like it... And to be honest, I would probably get one! Just slap some 'Real' SS rims on it from the Coupe and I am sure sooner or later GM will have a S/C for this if not anyone can buy aftermarket!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
543 Posts
if I was going aftermarket with an already N/A Cobalt I would go with a turbo rather the S/C.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
haha that sticker is more than i paid for my loaded sc/SS good grief lol lets see here:

sticker $26,995 minus employee discount, and in between over 6 hours of negotiating (i even took a lunch break while they were figuring out how much they can take off) between the trade in and how i told the dealer i hated red (yeah right) and was going to check out the srt4(yeah right) brings the price down to $18,995 add in $6k for my trade in, that's a $26,000 car for $13,000 plus all the normal tax and stuff.

the funniest thing was when i went to lunch i jumped in my cougar and started it up and two of the salemen ran out there and tried to make me take the cobalt instead of my car.. i guess they thought i was going to leave or something haha

·
Registered
498 Posts
The dealership was BS'ing you if they told you your cobalt was $27k to start negotiating at. Even fully loaded with G85, it's $25k MSRP

·
Registered
232 Posts
I must be in the minority .. I think its ugly as hell ... Something about the overall shape of the thing turns me off.. Front bumper seems way too bland ... Also too .. I dont know how many people have owned SVTFs prior to this car... But if it has the same getrag tranny as that thing I wouldnt touch it with a 30 foot pole.. That thing was a piece of garbage ..

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Oh I think it DOES need some kind of facelift, like maybe some side skirts and front and rear facias, but other than that, for a four door, I kinda like it.... still wont buy it....

·
Registered
895 Posts
CoBIZZLE said:
Oh I think it DOES need some kind of facelift, like maybe some side skirts and front and rear facias,

like this hot lil cake? Love this color, wing, side skirts, and wheels! to me it looks alot better than the 2dr S/C SS. I also like the rear end not having such a large 'butt' or atleast it loks smaller than the regular S/C SS rearend. Maybe I've just grown out of 2drs now and I have 4dr eye-sight now since i own a 04 Civic EX 4DR and a 05 SRT4 4dr. I 'use' my cars alot in their time. I tote ALOT of equipment and people all the time so when it came time to hop out of my 95 Teg 2dr, I never felt the urge to ever go back to a coupe type car. I've grown accustomed to having room and still have the "GO"! ;)

From the side profile, this 4DR almost has european-esque flare which isn't a bad thing IMO.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Yeah I LOVE that four door! That one also has a supercharger on it, Ive seen a few shots of the engine bay before....

·
Registered
509 Posts
This is the 2.4 High output engine... Not S/C, Its N/A, THat where the big price defference is at. Zoom in on the sticker & look for ya selves :eek:

·
Registered
895 Posts
YellowSXT said:
This is the 2.4 High output engine... Not S/C, Its N/A, THat where the big price defference is at. Zoom in on the sticker & look for ya selves :eek:

We are not talking about that one (the silver one your talking about). We are talking about the prototype S/C SS 4DR that I posted the picture on (the light blue one). If you lok close, you can tell some slight differences between the blue and silver 4DR's even though both are "SS". The wheels are different, the side skirts are different, the tailights are different (it apears from the side the blue one has the coupe style trunk with roundies in there), the emblem and their locations are different, etc etc. One is production trim (silver), the other was a pic taken from the GM bash (blue).

·
Registered
509 Posts
orange juice said:
We are not talking about that one (the silver one your talking about). We are talking about the prototype S/C SS 4DR that I posted the picture on (the light blue one). If you lok close, you can tell some slight differences between the blue and silver 4DR's even though both are "SS". The wheels are different, the side skirts are different, the tailights are different (it apears from the side the blue one has the coupe style trunk with roundies in there), the emblem and their locations are different, etc etc. One is production trim (silver), the other was a pic taken from the GM bash (blue).

Cool... Thanks

1 - 20 of 34 Posts