Cobalts SS banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I want to change the fluid in my transmission since I have no idea if it has been changed! Now if I posted in wrong area please let me know.

My issue is what transmission do I have??? Every time I look up to buy transmission fluid it gives me 5-spd getrag or 5-spd mu3 which apparently take different fluids. I've been told after 05 they were all mu3, but hey I want to make sure. Anyway I can find out without looking at it (it's very cold and snowing bad haha)? Trying to find an easy route I guess... Thanks for the help I love the website!

2006 Cobalt SS S/C

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm, If I look it up on google and what not on wiki (which i hate using) it says for cobalts the f35 is one of the transmissions that was used. So I clicked it. And got this info:
2005-2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged (MU3)
2008-2010 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Turbocharged (MC2)

So, I went back and clicked f23 and get this:
2005–2007 Chevrolet Cobalt

Then come across this:
Optional for the LSJ was a performance package coded G85 that added Recaro bucket seats and a limited slip differential (LSD). LSD was optional for 2005 models (performance package came with LSD) and was standard in 2006 + models.

Then under the naturally aspirated ss I get this:
The 5-speed manual is also different from the Cobalt SS Supercharged, it is the Getrag F23 transmission with different ratios that is offered for the 2.2 L L61 engine in the Cobalt LS and LT.[8]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I found out there is a sticker under carpet near the sub... There it lists all the stuff and "MU3" is in there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts