• other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
. While out having some fun in the snow with my buddies last night, I may have really screwed up my baby. We were all just drifting around a parking lot when i decided i would plow thru a small snowbank, i did not know about the 8 inch curb underneath the snow. When my front tires hit, i hear a horrible crash. Im not sure if that was the tires or radiator, because those guys at gm put the stupid radiator in front of the radiator support. I heard a couple scraps underneath also. When i pulled it under a light i looked for oil and at the oil pan, no cracks. The radiator seems to be working because the car hasnt overheated, but that could be because buffalo is really fucking cold. So when driving it today everything seemed great, until i hit about 50. The wheel started to shake pretty bad, it never has before, not once. After I slowed down and sped back up to 50, the shake was there again, but now the whole body would shake. Considering i love this car more than anything, any help from you guys would be amazing. From talking to my friends there seems to be a few possible problems: tires out of alignment (i hope its this one), wheels bent, lower control arm(s) bent or cracked, or frame tweaked. thanks again guys

·
1,087 Posts
Your alignment is not the issue at all. Vibration is NEVER an issue of alignment.

Take it to a suspension shop and get the front end checked if you didn't bend any axles or tie rods. Then if that is not the problem, you more than likely bent your rims and checking the balance of the tires would show the bend immediately. Take of your car dude. Its no fun when you have to pay repair bills of mistakes you could have avoided. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha yeah im a little too hard on her, i got the wheels balanced today and they were fine. So tomorrow im off to a suspension shop for an alignment. But on the way to get the wheels balanced it was weird, she drove completely fine. The alignment was a little off, pulling to the right but besides that no shake or anything. Hopefully nothing really bad happened :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts