Cobalts SS banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy just bought a new LS, i told him id do some research on som3 mods....

I drive a '95 Honda Civic DX, btw

He really wants to lower his car, would you recommend heating or cutting the springs for the lowest/safest drop?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I wouldn't heat the springs. You would come out to your car sitting on the ground if you're not carefull, plus your car will bounce alote. As for cutting them, I had some cut to lower my eclipse and did not have any problems but not the safest way.. Go ahead and buy lowering springs with set inch drop and I think you would be happier and safer..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Cutting springs is a NO NO. Dont take the cheap way out, I would advise him to buy some lowering springs if he really wants to lower it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Buy springs, don't be a cheapo with a new car and wonder why it always breaks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Definatly buy a set of eibachs, if you can't afford them, then you shouldn't be modding a car, 200 bucks or so is cheap. You won't regret it :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
oh god forbid... RICER ALERT

you don't heat the springs or cut them dude... both ways are crappy and very very dangerous ways to lower a car. Tell your "friend" to man up and buy a set of lowering springs from a reputable company... there are many available.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i had a 92 dx ha ha ha anyways
go on ebay and find a good set of lowering springs they are very cheap and will get the job done

1 - 10 of 10 Posts