Cobalts SS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
my best way is to just feather the clutch and dont rev it above 4000 at the most and i use the clutch a little to get off the line i mean its under warranty so....

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
If you can keep the rpms even, (its hard to with such a light pedal) I bring it up to 2k and when i let out on the clutch, ease into the gas almost as evenly as i let off the clutch. no wheel hop, and it doesnt bog bad at all. It works a little easier if you rest your foot against the (what I call bell-housing tunnell) and pivot your foot against the outsole of your shoe to ease on the gas. just my 2 cents though.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you can keep the rpms even, (its hard to with such a light pedal) I bring it up to 2k and when i let out on the clutch, ease into the gas almost as evenly as i let off the clutch. no wheel hop, and it doesnt bog bad at all. It works a little easier if you rest your foot against the (what I call bell-housing tunnell) and pivot your foot against the outsole of your shoe to ease on the gas. just my 2 cents though.
Thx for the feed back I'm still working on the best way to get a better time.

·
Registered
482 Posts
oh yeah, his car is also slow.......J/K Eddie. He's actually pretty quick. Just feather it. Different cars need to be launched differently and at different RPMs but all need to be feathered. The purpo se of feathering is to control your launch so you dont break tread. Just practice on your own and you will eventually learn it to where you can do it without looking at your RPMs. Launch at the lowest RPMs possible w/o bogging the car then feather it. Learn it cuz you'll need it next time we run.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts