Cobalts SS banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have any good pics or removing tips? i wanna get a good look before i do it. Thanks.

·
Registered
383 Posts
BlackSS/SC06 said:
Any one have any good pics or removing tips? i wanna get a good look before i do it. Thanks.
I do not have pics but I took off my low pro spoiler to put the big one on.

Open trunk, take out plastic brake light covers. Take out plastic pins that hold the upholstery in. Pulle back upholstery to expose bolts. Unscrew and remove 4 bolts.

This is the toughest part. Heat with hair dryer (from the bottom side works better) and slowly put pressure upward on the part of the wing that is stuck on. I kept going back and forth side to side. Eventually it will lift right off.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3M :mad: , that shit is everywhere. I hate it. but thanks, im still not sure if i am ready.

·
Registered
38 Posts
be very carefull taking it off i got a buddie witha silver ss/sc he took his off and there where tiny lil dents where each hole is

·
Registered
38 Posts
be very carefull taking it off i got a buddie witha silver ss/sc he took his off and there where tiny lil dents where each hole is

06 Rally Yellow Ss/sc curent mods debaged than painted stock badges black replaced front embelem with ablack ss badge intake box mod bolt of on exhaust for sound
future mods stage 2 flywheel stage 3 clutch exhasut intake headers

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yellow06SS said:
Yea well then he took it off too fast with too much pushing. You have to heat and push like a million times. You have to take your time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes be very careful, I got scratches where the edges of the wing once was and I took my time...It took 45 minutes to get one side off! Dont pull up too hard on the wing, there is really no way to pull up on the wing evenly. Use lots and lots of fishing line and dont heat it up too much or it will bubble the paint.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Yes be very careful, I got scratches where the edges of the wing once was and I took my time...It took 45 minutes to get one side off! Dont pull up too hard on the wing, there is really no way to pull up on the wing evenly. Use lots and lots of fishing line and dont heat it up too much or it will bubble the paint.
Screw all the tim consuming crap, grab a sawzall and a case of beer and have at it! Im just joking.... Do like ^^^ is trying to tell you, it will leave a more professional finish.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts