Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts

im thinking mid summer easy.. but im fine with the 148 mph top out.. ill never take mine that fast unless i feel like makin some extra money on the side and u wont ever hit 148 in a 1/4 anyway maybe 111 or around there but not 148:)

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
.........never

RL's been out for HOW LONG ALREADY????

you think they'll have GOOD ENOUGH mods out by the end of this YEAR?

i think not

jm2c

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Within a year and a half from now... just a guesstimate bein that the RL now has products in development that will work for the SS

·
Registered
4 Posts
KSE said:
.........never

you think they'll have GOOD ENOUGH mods out by the end of this YEAR?

i think not

jm2c
yes but remember the RL has no aftermarket support, and now the SS is starting to get companies to develop for it.
The SS will see 12s in no time

hell if you really wanted just slap in a 150 shot of nitrous and youre all set :D

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Yeah and blow the engine! I dont think the SS will handle that much of a shot of nitrous. It already has a high compresion ratio to deal with, I think that would just strain it too much.

But then again I've never dealt w/ nitrous. I do know that Chevy High Performance mag blew a head clean off an Ecotec Cavy w/ just a 75shot. They hit it at too low of an RPM. It runs fine now cause they have a msd ign setup that turns it on at like 3000 or so.

·
Registered
153 Posts
How long to get a car in the 12s? How about get a car PERIOD?! People are still waiting 3 months to get the damn things! :mad: You think somehow I can get my order form into the 12s?!

·
Registered
15 Posts
KSE said:
The problem with the after market for the Redline is that GM only produced approx. 2400 for 2004 and scheduled another 5000 for 05. When we (the redline owners) talk to the big companies they say that there's just not enough demand with those small production numbers to make parts.

That's where the Cobalt comes in. We're just waiting for the developers to come out with their cobalt parts and then we'll pop them on the RL. Pretty shitty but it's what we're going to have to do IMO.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
MrCleanY0 said:
The problem with the after market for the Redline is that GM only produced approx. 2400 for 2004 and scheduled another 5000 for 05. When we (the redline owners) talk to the big companies they say that there's just not enough demand with those small production numbers to make parts.

That's where the Cobalt comes in. We're just waiting for the developers to come out with their cobalt parts and then we'll pop them on the RL. Pretty shitty but it's what we're going to have to do IMO.
Well that sucks but you guys (Redline owners) have had a chance to enjoy your cars were we have to wait an increably long time for our cars because Chevy is dicking around.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
I think there will eventually be a decent aftermarket for the SS AND the RL! We'll all help each other out and we'll ALL blast twelve's! Oh and I've seen a Cobalt ALREADY that hits 12's!! It is a girl but I'm not sure if its an SS or not?!?! Might be usin parts from earlier Cavy's on her engine, not sure, I'll look for the sight again.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
But you cant really count her as bein the first Cobalt into the 12's cause then you'd have to count the REAL PRO's runnin 7's!! And trust me I highly dout her car is streetable!!!

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
CoBIZZLE said:
But you cant really count her as bein the first Cobalt into the 12's cause then you'd have to count the REAL PRO's runnin 7's!! And trust me I highly dout her car is streetable!!!
Yeah i dont think it is. But are we saying first street leagal car to get 12s?

·
Registered
9 Posts
About a year for a street legal everyday car. I heard GM will be releasing its performance parts about a year after the Cobalt SS hits the streets in good numbers.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Well if thats true, then that'll be cool I guess. How long did it take Mopar to release stuff for the SRT's?

Oh and about Vin Diesel doin sequels... what about Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick? Sorry had to... ;)

1 - 20 of 125 Posts