Cobalts SS banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i put it up to 30 once just cause this damn mustag was trash talkin. just wanted to make sure i wasnt going to blow it up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
no issues up to 27 anything over that and you should be looking to upgrade to atleast a 20g those that are cranking it up to 30 lets just say everyone we have done after about 8 runs serious issues

·
Registered
143 Posts
It seems that over 24psi is where people are having issues. I've been at 24psi (spikes to 25psi sometimes) for a good bit now and not had any problems. It's all in the tune.

·
Registered
79 Posts
LMAO!!!! I dont think the car can handle a V8....Is there such a thing as a sideways V8 with a RWD conversion?? Oh and the Boost. A lot of people over my way run 19 psi. just to be on the safe side. The car can kick ass without high boost applications. You can run higher boost applications but beware the higher the boost the more stress it puts on your LSJ or LNF and it can cause internal problems down the road. The internals are hard to find and very expensive if you do a proper rebuild.

·
Registered
233 Posts
LMAO!!!! I dont think the car can handle a V8....Is there such a thing as a sideways V8 with a RWD conversion?? Oh and the Boost. A lot of people over my way run 19 psi. just to be on the safe side. The car can kick ass without high boost applications. You can run higher boost applications but beware the higher the boost the more stress it puts on your LSJ or LNF and it can cause internal problems down the road. The internals are hard to find and very expensive if you do a proper rebuild.
put the v8 in straight ,build a trans tunnel in side an an fab up a 4 link . i believe theres a thread on here of someone putting a v8 in a cobalt with rear wheel drive .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts