Cobalts SS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i tried to search for this but couldnt find anything on it.. i have a 2.9" pulley downpipe, exhaust, (3") stage 2 clutch. and a tune. how much boost should i be making. i think right now when i floor it i get about 13.5-14lbs. it jsut seems a little low. but its pulls hard as hell. ive heard that you dont ahve to make boost to make power. and some things you do will make less boost but it makes less boost more efficiently so it makes more power at less boost. any help would be appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is true.

Boost pressure (TC or SC) is the difference between intake manifold pressure and incoming air pressure. If your intake manifold has less pressure, ie less back pressure because of better flowing exhaust, your incoming pressure is going to be measured as less. But that does not mean less flow. The more air your engine flows, the more power produced. Boost pressure is only one of the air flow factors.

·
Registered
41 Posts
the ECU performance chip link gives me a ?

This looks as if it could only be for a non-LNF turbo. I other words..it does not appear to be sophisticated enough to do the job. It would have to defeat the read/learn down feature on my LNF. It should be well known that you can just make for reflash costs unless you have the real deal.;)
Thanks that answered my question too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Your boost should be about right given that you have a testpipe, (downpipe is for turbos). The more free flowing exhaust you have, the lower the boost on the SCs from what I understand.
I would have to agree with this. I have a 2.7" pulley and I'm only getting about 14-15 PSI at 7000RPM. I have a CA V2 header and ported head, not a very restrictive flow.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts