Cobalts SS banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 cobalt 2.2 engine and with my last oil change I switched over to Mobil One synthetic oil. Now I'm coming up on the 3 month mark but since I don't drive too much I think I have only done maybe 1,200 miles. I checked the color of the oil and it looks just like it did when I put it in. Is it safe to wait or is it a good idea to change it now?

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have a 08 cobalt 2.2 engine and with my last oil change I switched over to Mobil One synthetic oil. Now I'm coming up on the 3 month mark but since I don't drive too much I think I have only done maybe 1,200 miles. I checked the color of the oil and it looks just like it did when I put it in. Is it safe to wait or is it a good idea to change it now?
if u dont drive often . its recomended every 3-5k miles. most manuals would say. or once a year. fully syn oils id say 5k miles if u want to get the most for ur money .. or once a year. ive had my car for over a year. and ive only done 1 oil change in it . dont even have 4k miles on it yet lol. me im probly gonna stick to the 3k mile deal atleast the first few changes. then i may go to 5k . but yes atleast once a year .

·
Registered
401 Posts
I go by the Oil Life feature on the dash. If I can change it before it gets down below 25% that's great but I don't sweat it if it gets to the point where Oil Change Required pops up on the display. Its been about 9 months since I did my last one before just recently doing one and a small tune-up. I use fully synthetic oil because I want this thing to outlast my loan by a good amount of time. But with new technology 3 months and 3,000 miles isn't the norm anymore.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Once mine gets in the 60% range on the dash I change mine, but I do drive mine spirited often. Probably can go longer but by the time I get in that % range it has been 4 months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts