Cobalts SS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Quick question.

I received my rear strut today, and the instructions abover appear to be straightforward. However, how does the adjustment work for the tension? Should it be adjusted as flush with the tie rod end or with the inner bar? Basically which way to set the adjustment to neutral vs. all the way out. Post pics please!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Does the mounting interfere with the progress sway bar?
because your adjusting outward it will not interfere with flexing one wheel that much but I am not sold on these braces for a daily driver. I sold my front bwoody bars after one day at the track and test drive on the street. I have worked as apprentice mechanic and did many alignments. so IMO I didnt like the idea of preloading suspension components with tension, binding suspension movement and affecting alignment while the supension traveled through its travel. for a weekend at the track it is ok. but I think there is a better way by changing out bushings to poly. especially the rear bushing on the front control arm.

Again this is IMO and in no way am I bashing the product by BWOODY. they did work to stop 100% of wheel hop no question. I also got my best 1/4 mile without BWoody bars on a colder day. go figure.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Quick question.

I received my rear strut today, and the instructions abover appear to be straightforward. However, how does the adjustment work for the tension? Should it be adjusted as flush with the tie rod end or with the inner bar? Basically which way to set the adjustment to neutral vs. all the way out. Post pics please!
I did the initial adjustment by running the screw in until the light came on when the tranny was in neutral and I find out, if your idle adjustment is set high, neutral will be harder to find otherwise you'd find neutral too easy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts