Cobalts SS banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my 'SS' style hood today from racingsolution.com...and am wondering how to install it. is the cobalt ss/sc equipped with a hood prop at all? they said because it was much lighter, to NOT use the factory gas-powered strut. Any helpful ideas/suggestions?

·
Registered
35 Posts
got my 'SS' style hood today from racingsolution.com...and am wondering how to install it. is the cobalt ss/sc equipped with a hood prop at all? they said because it was much lighter, to NOT use the factory gas-powered strut. Any helpful ideas/suggestions?
Well you CAN use the gas powered strut.. just be careful when opening it because it is significantly lighter than the stock hood and it will open a lot faster.. I dont want you to let it go and have it break off :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
DO not use it!!!!! it started to warp mine after a couple of hot days. i keep the bottom in the stock location and remove the metal clip off the top. leave it fully extended and close the hood it fits fine. then yyou still have a way to prop your hood.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool--will take it all into consideration--my boss is helping me install it tomorrow. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts