Cobalts SS banner

How to paint the tail lights /headlights

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  rustysparxxx 
#1 ·
how do you paint the headlights and tail lights? my friend and i are going to buy the vht nite shade tomorrow and put it on our cars. hes got a 02 stang gt and my 09 ss so trying to figure out how to exactly do it and how many cans to buy

#2 ·
you should only need 1 can for the taillights... first take them out then sand them then spray do however many coats you want put clearcoat(you can wet sand if you want) and then your done.

for the headlights idk.. ive never done that. but usally people just bake them in the oven. take off the top part so you can paint the housing... youll need to buy a new adhesive so you can put it all back together...

#7 ·
the tail lights are easy as stated just take them out and sand a little so the VHT sticks better and do as as many coats.... but in IMO dont do it too dark i got pulled over many of times for them being to dark so i just took it off completely........... as far as the headlights go i just did mine this past weekend..... put the oven at 200 and bake for like 25 min i kept checking to make sure everything was alright and not melting and it didnt after that the sealant should be soft enough to remove just be careful and not break the clips like i did.... and when you put them back together i used plain old clear silicone that you would use for regular windows and i havent had a problem with mine....... and there ya go fresh looking headlights and tail lights for cheap........ good luck and hope this works for ya

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.