Cobalts SS banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought some silverstars tonight and plan on installing them tomorrow. I know instructions are in the manual and I've read that and I know what bolts they are talking about and pretty sure which fascia fasteners they are talking about but my main question is how do you take the plastic fasteners out without damaging them? Sorry if I'm sounding newbish but I don't want to damage those things.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Theyll have two sides where there's an indentation between the push-in part and the base. Use a pocket screwdriver and pry upwards.

These cars are young so they won't be brittle.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Malaclypse said:
Theyll have two sides where there's an indentation between the push-in part and the base. Use a pocket screwdriver and pry upwards.

These cars are young so they won't be brittle.
Thanks man!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just put the silverstars in and man was that easy. After hearing what a bitch it is to get the headlamp "capsule" out I thought I was in for a workout but everything flowed real smooth. Will see tonight just how much brighter these are over stock.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'd be curious as well.

I'm looking for a replacement for mine. I bought Eurolites for my old Honda and liked them. I got Nokya ones for my old Cadillac and hated them. They were 100% blue. They said they'd be white. I then got GE nighthaqwks and those'll be going into my dads '04 Monte SS soon.

I heard PIAA's are good...but I don't know about that 70 dollar price tag...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Any input on how those Stars are treating you? I bought me a package of the 9007ST's...but if they suck...I'll get my money back. lol.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
averagewhiteboy said:
Any input on how those Stars are treating you? I bought me a package of the 9007ST's...but if they suck...I'll get my money back. lol.
They've been in for about 2 weeks now, they doing great!

·
Registered
14 Posts
averagewhiteboy said:
I'd be curious as well.

I'm looking for a replacement for mine. I bought Eurolites for my old Honda and liked them. I got Nokya ones for my old Cadillac and hated them. They were 100% blue. They said they'd be white. I then got GE nighthaqwks and those'll be going into my dads '04 Monte SS soon.

Try the Phillips Vision Plus

·
Registered
71 Posts
I said screw it and insalled the Silverstars. We'll see. I noticed when I turned them on in my garage, the difference in color between the stockers and the Sylvanias. It's nuts. The Sylvanias are white whereas the stockers are effin' light amber. haha. I didn't really carew about them being any more powerful or anything. I just wanted them to not be yellow. haha.

* shrugs *

I'll see tomorrow I suppose.

·
Registered
125 Posts
averagewhiteboy said:
I'd be curious as well.

i have the PIAA's in my car, well worth the $$$, plue they have a 1yr warrenty :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts