Cobalts SS banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my sfqh pulley and i cant wait to put it on. Problem is i have to take the old one offf first but i cant get it off how do you do it? Anyone can help? Thanks.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Is there really room in there for a 2 or 3 jaw puller?

What about the reinstallation? Hammer and a socket?

·
Registered
441 Posts
You have to remove the supercharger on a Cobalt. You can make it work on a redline. To re-install, the shaft of the blower is threaded, you press the pulley back on with a bolt and washer.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Cool. I did some research since I posted that, and found out about the removal. Is it true that no fluids leak when pulling the blower?

·
Registered
441 Posts
There are no fluids flowing into or out of the blower. The oil in it is self-contained. It can be removed with no fluid loss whatsoever. And please, dont hit the blower shaft with a hammer. Not a wise idea.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I know, I was just kidding. I should've put in a smilie :) .

·
Registered
441 Posts
OK, I just see so many people do things like that. I always check to be sure. I like to think that people doing performance mods know a little bit about mechanics and the way stuff works, but im always suprised how stupid people can be.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Don't chance it get a LEGIT removal tool Billetflow makes an awesome one I have it and did my removal and install in less than an hour including taking the supercharger completely off. When I was getting My reflash they had an S/C on the bench which was destroyed by someone trying to remove their pulley the wrong way. :( they had munched the threads in the shaft so bad it was beyond repair and had beaten on the thing to try and get it off :( it cost the guy dearly as it was absolutely not covered by any type of warranty! :eek:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Never underestimate the stupidity of people.

·
Registered
671 Posts
i dont mean to be an ass but if you are asking this question... the best way to remove it is take it to your local performance shop and have them do it for you...

·
Registered
441 Posts
Well, that could help too. A shop will usually have the tools to do the job, just make sure that they will stand behind the work. Just because they have a shop doesn't mean that they are good mechanics.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I was simply asking id there was a way to put a puller in the space between the snout and the radiator support beam. And believe me, I know way more that 99% of the idiots working in any shop. I'm not exactly a newbie to automobiles like you might think. I've done projects 10x as hard on the Syclone without batting an eye. It is just better to start informed, rather than jumping in head first.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Absolutely. Its much nicer to deal with someone with some knowledge. On the Cobalt, there isnt any room. You gotta pull the blower. I need to do it myself someday, I just havent had the time yet. The pulley is sitting in my trunk right now.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Pulling the blower is quite easy. 4 bolts and a few wire connectors. Takes about 20 mins tops.

·
Registered
671 Posts
originally posted by 16sy16

I was simply asking id there was a way to put a puller in the space between the snout and the radiator support beam. And believe me, I know way more that 99% of the idiots working in any shop. I'm not exactly a newbie to automobiles like you might think. I've done projects 10x as hard on the Syclone without batting an eye. It is just better to start informed, rather than jumping in head first.

Bro re read this whole thread.... I was talking to Kevin C when I said what I said......

·
Registered
431 Posts
1stBluSS said:
originally posted by 16sy16

Bro re read this whole thread.... I was talking to Kevin C when I said what I said......
Sorry, I thought you were talking to me. It helps avoid confusion if you quote the person you are talking to, especially if it isn't the post directly above yours. No harm done though :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts