Cobalts SS banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I purchased my cobalt about 2 months ago, I have kept it in the garage every night. Last night was the first time it saw a night outside of the garage. It was also raining as well. I come out to my car and see that my passenger side carpet is soaking wet. The water was coming from under the dashboard. There was also water in my glovebox. I just called the dealer and I am bringing it in tomorrow morning. :(

Anybody else have this happen?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Mercury said:
Ever since I purchased my cobalt about 2 months ago, I have kept it in the garage every night. Last night was the first time it saw a night outside of the garage. It was also raining as well. I come out to my car and see that my passenger side carpet is soaking wet. The water was coming from under the dashboard. There was also water in my glovebox. I just called the dealer and I am bringing it in tomorrow morning. :(

Anybody else have this happen?
ouch! how the hell did that happen? hopefully they'll replace your whole interior cuz it might leave a stinch in your car if they don't. good luck man.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Mercury said:
I was also thinking, do you think the dealer will provide me with a car to drive while they are working on my cobalt? Keep in mind that I am 19 years old.
Probably not, aleast in my state some companys, you have to be 21 with a credit card to rent a car. Unless they get you a lot rental or croutesy car, then have fun my friend and don't do anything that i wouldn't, e brake j turns anyone? :D Minivan drifting? :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
The same thing happened to me. It turned out to be a seal on the firewall that was never installed. I insisted the dealership replace my carpet which they did. But first they tried to bullshit me that the carpet would be fine because the matting underneath is a new material. Don't fall for that bullshit. Make them replace the carpet. They will tell you they have to get it cleared from district or some line of shit, but stick to your guns and they will buckle. Also they should give you a loaner car because it will take at least a week or so to get the carpet in. I think i was without my car for two weeks or so.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Mercury said:
Sorry not to update this post but the problem was fixed, or so I'm told. Water was coming in through the vents.They installed a water deflector.
You're definitely not the first one that's had this problem I've read about it before. I think other people typically found it when their A/C was on though and water began pouring in like a waterfall.

Hopefully it's all fixed up and you don't run into it again :).

Permafried-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts