Cobalts SS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.... I got a call from Chevy a little while ago. They were asking me all about my Cobalt. If I was happy and what I wasn't happy with. I highly suggest you all take the call if they call you.. It only took me a few minutes and they weren't trying to sell me anything. They even asked me if it was ok if an Engineer called me later to discuss the car. The guy was real nice and he listened to me as I explained things to him. I told him about the door panel and moonroof switch... plus all the "limp" mode crap that happened to me the second day I owned it...... Tell the everything you like/dislike about it!!!!!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I used to do survey's. It was my first job. Chances are, you didn't speak with an actual Chevy employee. We did it all the time.

They will pay attention to all the 'cons' experienced by the owners though, once they notice it's a huge problem throughout all the surveys. Consider yourself a gini-pig :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
A call from an engineer would be excellent. If any of you get that, get his phone number! Then we can all call him back.
I am really enjoying this car, but I have a few questions I'd love to ask.
It seems that GM is really trying to make a statement with this car, and this would be an excellent opportunity to give input.
Ron

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KSE said:
They will pay attention to all the 'cons' experienced by the owners though, once they notice it's a huge problem throughout all the surveys. Consider yourself a gini-pig :D

I agree that they will.... I don't mind being a guinea pig at all... :D I have to deal with engineers all the time anyway

·
Registered
137 Posts
TheToolmaker said:
I told him about the door panel and moonroof switch...
Interestingly enough they did recently release a bulletin for the sun/moonroof switch bezel and retainer with these part numbers to service any switch that keeps falling down or coming loose.

Bezel -22716443
Retainer -15812992

There is a bulletin for the door panel issue as well, but engineering is still examining the issue- no field repair process yet.
HTH
WOT

·
Registered
232 Posts
WopOnTour said:
Interestingly enough they did recently release a bulletin for the sun/moonroof switch bezel and retainer with these part numbers to service any switch that keeps falling down or coming loose.

Bezel -22716443
Retainer -15812992

There is a bulletin for the door panel issue as well, but engineering is still examining the issue- no field repair process yet.
HTH
WOT
Door panel issue ? You mean the leather coming away for the handle right ?
asking bcause I just noticed mine doing it and was going to take it in...

·
Registered
137 Posts
ExHondaMan said:
Door panel issue ? You mean the leather coming away for the handle right ?
asking bcause I just noticed mine doing it and was going to take it in...
yep, doubt you'll get satisfaction. They might replace the panel, but the condition will certainly return.
WOT

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ExHondaMan said:
Thats cool I wont waste my time then ! Ill just wait till there is a fix.. thx

Yes, don't waste your time!!!! The new panel is exactly the same as the old one and will do the same thing over time (usually!!).... I know mine did and am not going to take it in again until they get the problem fixed.

·
Registered
251 Posts
ExHondaMan said:
Thats cool I wont waste my time then ! Ill just wait till there is a fix.. thx
I actually opted for having the whole piece re-upholstered on my LS rather than going with the door panel. Handle still has a little bit of play to it but nowhere near as bad as it was. I checked around where it had come loose and it looks like they had enough slack under the armrest to pull more out and re-glue the handle to the material. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it holds out but so far so good :D.

Permafried-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts