Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my wheels powder coated Gloss Black, they came out fantastic and will look very agressive one the car is lowered and tinted! Making custom center caps next week at my shop to be powdercoated as well. Anyway.......

:D

·
Registered
192 Posts
Fuckin A!!! I wanna get some blac 5-star rims with a polished or chrome lip. I think they would look sick on my 06 Black SS. Those rims dont look too bad. I wanna see em on your car tho....some would should do a photoshop.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Those rims are scaring your daughter :(

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$75/wheel. Stripped all the wheels old paint and media blasted them. Several trips thru the heat to ensure a good bonding. Just a small 2 man company. Young owner, was just pleased to get my business, they did a great job! They do ceramic coatings as well, had a bunch of headers hanging in their little shop!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I liked it as well, but I wanted something original/different. All opinions are cool everyone doesnt like everything everyone does!

·
Registered
220 Posts
WOW...I LOVE them!!! I think that getting my wheels Super Mirror Black powdercoated would look awsome on my Black SS....And for only $75 a wheel.....you can't beat it!

·
Registered
43 Posts
The black looks good, but you always need something to offset Black Wheels and tires. Together they will have a bland plain look to them.. I love the Gloss black rims with the chrome lip myself, but yeah man its different!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Mrmaasta said:
They do ceramic coatings as well, had a bunch of headers hanging in their little shop!

no shit? hey is there anyway you could send them a picture of a tog header and see how much they would charge to ceramic coat it for me? i want to get the prototype coated so i can keep it. right now it's just bare metal with some high temp paint on it.

i found a local shop but they want to charge out the ass to do it.

and the wheels look good... $75 is damn cheap for a good powdercoat. i was thinking i might have mine done in red..

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
selfinfliction said:
no shit? hey is there anyway you could send them a picture of a tog header and see how much they would charge to ceramic coat it for me?
Sure Im going back on Monday/Tuesday and Ill see for you! Ill take some pics of any that are hanging!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went there today after work, but the guy had left. I will call him tomorrow. I did mention this too him as well, so I will get an answer for you!

·
Registered
729 Posts
I have thought of doing the same thing for my rims but instead they would be white on red car.

I thought I would want to get thin 5 spoke rims for that it maybe to much white using the the factory spoke wheel. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I contemplated white a couple of times, but black had me early! I wish I had photochop skillz, or even photoshop for that manner lol!

I hope to have the wheels back on the car next weekend for pictures. (and I need to see them on very soon!)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I like them as well. But to set them off, I would have done the inside and side of spokes red and kept the faces black. Hope you can follow that. Can you powdercoat two different colors at once???? But they look bad ass.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts