Cobalts SS banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help deciding wat i should do first

would i be better off getting a 3" pully now without the tune or getting a CAI now and an even smaller pulley later and get a tune :confused:

·
Registered
480 Posts
i may not be the best source to answer this question but . if u plan to posibley go smaller. id get the CAI then the smaller pully. i wouldnt get one then switch it out again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if i were to put on a smaller pulley what kind of supporting modifications would i need to make along with it
and same with the air intake would i need any supporting mods?

·
1,087 Posts
Haha....

Well the only reason I know for sure is because I asked the same question maybe a couple of months back on a different thread.

Not too stray off topic but I really started to get depressed with the fact that yes even though the Cobalt is and can become a greater sleeper with a little bit of money, but for equally amount of dough spent, you can make a 5.7L GTO faster. Starting to think about trading my Slobalt in for one next year and building it up from there. Same insurance class, more gas consumption but it can drift and then it would serve me better because I do have experience in that case. My Slobalt is my DD and in order for me to even compete with GTOs off the line, I got to spend a good $1500! I like how my car handles though and I know that I will be sacrificing that and trunk space, but damn, it sure would be nice to have a V8 rumble....

I hate when I think.... :D

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
LOL, Yea i like the GTO, but I will stick with the Cobalt. Its just something about the goat that doesnt feel right with me. But if i wanted a V8 i would def go with the carmaro

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hahahaha yahh i would go with the camaro too but i would deffinatly get and older one cuz i dont really ike the looks of the new ones

ok back on topic for one more question i was looking and i can get a pulley as small as 2.6 inches so if im putting out that much more boost even with better fuel injectors would i also need to get a bigger fuel rail and/or fuel lines/pump

·
Registered
10 Posts
just get 80 lb injectors. if your planning on using pump gas that should be fine. but with a pulley that small i would want alot of cooling mods. e85 would be good as well

·
Registered
370 Posts
if you get a 2.6 you need to do a lot of upgrades to do it safely!!! If you dont have the money to do the injectors for stage 2 then dont go smaller then 3.0 on the pulley. Without getting a tune and putting on a smaller pulley your going to run pretty lean when you get on the gas. I would recommend getting the gm stage 1 which is the 42# injectors and the tune when you take it to the dealership. Thats a good platform to start with especially if you dont have money to go all out for everything you want. Once you get that done slap on an injen C.A.I and any pulley up to 2.7.

·
Registered
92 Posts
if i were to put on a smaller pulley what kind of supporting modifications would i need to make along with it
and same with the air intake would i need any supporting mods?
well it depends on how small your talking about. i just put on a 2.9" pulley and all i did was a tune and injectors. my car stays betwen 180-205 degrees depending on the kind of driving city or freeway. but i would recommend a cooling mod to go with it. and wouldnt go any smaller than a 2.9 on 42lb injectors unless you are having a custom tune to know what your fuel curve looks like.. if you go to lean youll blow ur motor. and honestly if your going to go to a 2.6" pulley or really anything under a 2.8" pulley i would just recomending getting a diff supercharger. hope that helps. and best of luck with ur need for speed =). im going to stop as soon as im 100% sure i can beat my dad and my bro. stupid turbo diesles* and srt-4's.. how can a truck run mid to high 12's in the 1/4 mile :mad:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts