Cobalts SS banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright ive saved up about 400 bucks that im ready to drop into the engine or really anything to give me more speed. anyone have any ideas on what i could buy that would speed me up? because i realize that they dont make very many parts for our SS's yet.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Well seeing as how you even said not many parts out, there isn't too much you can do. Maybe just grab a K&N filter for now and add 8-10 hp

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Mercury said:
Well seeing as how you even said not many parts out, there isn't too much you can do. Maybe just grab a K&N filter for now and add 8-10 hp
Yeah that is about it but if you give it some time you might beable the get exhaust and a intake. But thr thing is you go to wait.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
If ya got the change layin around like that, holla at our sponsor, Goofy Guy. He's got a torque brace that'll knock your wheel hop to all but NIL! That'll do wonders on your launch and possibly win races for ya!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the ideas, i'll probably just keep saving for a few months till something bad ass comes out. unless i get too impatient and spend on my money on hookers. j/k

·
Banned
200 Posts
If you were smart you would buy a set of mega cheap 15" steelies and then some Nitto 555R drag radials or slicks so you can get the power you have now down to the ground. $400 would easily get you the tires and rims. Then worry about making more power ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
go to a GM dealer, get the part numbers for all the turbo goodies off the saab 9-3 and swap out ur s/c for that and then turn up the boost for more fun

·
Registered
11 Posts
Full exhaust from almost n-e- exhaust shop...or a nice cold air intake.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I personally would go with the exhaust. I think 3" from the catback would allow for the engine to grow with more boost. Right? I would do exhaust. Probably more HP there anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts