Cobalts SS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what mods whould i need to get a stock ss s/c to low 13s. I plan on gettin a injen cai, 3 in header, down pipe, and cat back and a stage 2 kit, anyone know about where i would be with those mods or what else i would have to do to get it to the low 13s. unfortunatly it will be a while till i can put any on cause got to get a new water pump $850 from my stealership. I would like to start gettin a plan together now though so and ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
1,087 Posts
X2

Slicks should shave a good second off from what you are already running if you're good enough.... EG: If you are stock and with the right conditions, average on an SC would be a 14.5s pass. Throw slicks on and have the perfect launch and shifts and you should run at least a 13.8 at worst.

So if you are running all those goodies, a low 13 is possible. I have seen it done before. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
you could prob get 240 - 245 from the crank with just the stage two pully kit but after you do the whole exhaust with a good tune u mite be able to get about 260 - 265 to the crank that doesnt seem like much but i could see you if your a good driver makin it to the mid 13s and high 13s but low 13s for that is a lil stretch but you could get a perforance chip also those things work well heres the link for the jet per chip. you can probly run low 13s after all that puttin out around 275-280 to the crank.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/details/QQChevroletQQCobaltQQJet_ChipsQQPower_ProgrammerQQ2006QQJ2010607S.html?apwcid=P1135867996W43b3f85c7ab9e&gan=1&apwidYG3Bt1a

·
Registered
31 Posts
So what mods whould i need to get a stock ss s/c to low 13s. I plan on gettin a injen cai, 3 in header, down pipe, and cat back and a stage 2 kit, anyone know about where i would be with those mods or what else i would have to do to get it to the low 13s. unfortunatly it will be a while till i can put any on cause got to get a new water pump $850 from my stealership. I would like to start gettin a plan together now though so and ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
dude dont do stage 2 if your looking to really make a push of low 13's to 12's
skip spending 1000 on the gm stage 2 and go right for tvs

tvs 80# injectors he dual pass meth and full exhaust and tune you will be in the 12's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts