Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was having the same problem with my sunroof button that a lot of others were having...popping off, so I decide to take it to the dealership. Before that I had it into Jiffy Lube to get the oil changed (I used my own RP 5w30...good stuff). They informed me that the tranny was dripping. I had the dealer look at it while they were fixing my button, and it turns out that it was a bad right-front axle seal. :confused: Any ideas on what could cause this?

They didn't have the part, and are looking at other dealers to get it...so I wait here with no word on when it will be out of the shop.

They did set me up with a rental, and have endured all of my pesky calls, but I miss my SS...my rental (grand am) has made me realize how great a car the SS really is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
498 Posts
Dude...I pray that my car ends up being one of the good apples of the bunch. So far, no problems at all with anything
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,168 Posts
Well atleast you got it in there! and didn't have any furthur problems with it like breaking down on you and such!

My del Sol is a great car compared to the Grand Am! ;)

I wish you all the best luck man! Keep us updated!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,187 Posts
Man there has been alot of problems lately but at least they all will and can be fixed under warrentee witch is good and that is why i will wait to do anything to void my warrentee when i get my SS. Well good luck with it and keep us up to date on it. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,168 Posts
87camaroPA said:
Man there has been alot of problems lately but at least they all will and can be fixed under warrentee witch is good and that is why i will wait to do anything to void my warrentee when i get my SS. Well good luck with it and keep us up to date on it. :)
By the time you get yours Paul, they will have all the kinks worked out and possibly out with Gen.2! Ha Ha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update

Service department told me that they talked to GM, and they said that they don't have any of those parts available (axle seal)...so no word on when it will be out.

Beyond the rental, should I be pissed about this or ask for something more for the trouble? I mean, how can you put out a new car, and not have parts for it readily available. This is not a dealer problem; it is a GM/Chevy problem............arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,187 Posts
OKC SS #1 said:
Service department told me that they talked to GM, and they said that they don't have any of those parts available (axle seal)...so no word on when it will be out.

Beyond the rental, should I be pissed about this or ask for something more for the trouble? I mean, how can you put out a new car, and not have parts for it readily available. This is not a dealer problem; it is a GM/Chevy problem............arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Wow man that really sucks the big one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,168 Posts
CoBIZZLE said:
Really are too many repair stories so soon!
I think you mean THERE are to many... LoL

But yea man that really sucks!

OKC SS #1 said:
This is not a dealer problem; it is a GM/Chevy problem............arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrr
In my humble opinion, If it is a GM/Chevy problem, than it is most certianly(sp?) a dealership problem! A dealership is basically just a branch off of the Car Manufacturer! Dealerships are there to sell and service the cars as their own so that GM/Chevy can do what they do best and that is build cars! Just my opinion!

I mean if you really want too than go after Chevy but I would tell the dealership to shove the repairs needed right up there ___ and to fix them for you! I know, easier said than done!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,168 Posts
87camaroPA said:
Well it is Chevy's problem that they were not ready for some of the things that have gone wrong.
Yes it is, but I can tell you that Chevy won't be fixing it! Their dealerships will be! The dealerships take on the 'public' responsibility when someone buys a car from that manufacturer! Just my 2¢
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,648 Posts
They need to stop draggin their ya$$e$ and get somethin right! Like uhhhhh CAMARO..... CHEVELLE....HELLOOOOOO!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Yes it is, but I can tell you that Chevy won't be fixing it! Their dealerships will be! The dealerships take on the 'public' responsibility when someone buys a car from that manufacturer! Just my 2¢
Look at it this way. The Dealerships don't build or produce the replacement parts for the cars..Chevy does! Then they ship them to the dealers...but i get what your saying about how they are a branch off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
OKC SS #1 said:
So I was having the same problem with my sunroof button that a lot of others were having...popping off, so I decide to take it to the dealership. Before that I had it into Jiffy Lube to get the oil changed (I used my own RP 5w30...good stuff). They informed me that the tranny was dripping. I had the dealer look at it while they were fixing my button, and it turns out that it was a bad right-front axle seal. :confused: Any ideas on what could cause this?

They didn't have the part, and are looking at other dealers to get it...so I wait here with no word on when it will be out of the shop.

They did set me up with a rental, and have endured all of my pesky calls, but I miss my SS...my rental (grand am) has made me realize how great a car the SS really is.
Hey, sorry to hear about your problems, hopefully they will get things fixed up for you ASAP.

Just a heads up though- Royal Purple 5-30 does not meet the GM4718M synthetic oil standard neccessary to maintain the conditions of your warranty (as outlined in your owners manual) Using it or any other oil that doesnt state GM4718M could put the warranty coverage of your engine at risk.
Currently only 3 oils meet this GM4718 standard
-Mobil 1 synthetic (regular not gold or extended performance)
-Chevron Supreme Synthetic
-Texaco Havoline Synthetic

If you dont want to ever have this questioned, always keep your receipts for your oil purchases in an envelope in your glovebox and make sure you document the date and mileage of your DIY oil changes in your service record book.

HTH
WopOnTour
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They finally found a part for my car, and I will be picking it up tomorrow. Oh how I have missed driving it. :)

Can't wait to get that TOG header and cat on it!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
glock/35\ said:
I never buy the first year of a car.

I said the samething, but then I bought an 03 Element (1st year) now gone too many problems, then 04 Titan (1st Year) defenitely gotta go...
Good thing Wifeys Corolla S was 2nd year. :mad:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,648 Posts
OKC SS #1 said:
They finally found a part for my car, and I will be picking it up tomorrow. Oh how I have missed driving it. :)

Can't wait to get that TOG header and cat on it!!!!
Get the catless header! Or do you need it for smog reg.s?
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top