Cobalts SS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 3" altered atmosphere cat-back on the car today. It was built for a cobalt but fits the redline just fine with one small exception. The hanger on the muffler doesn't line up with the hanger on the car and in fact there are 2 hangers on the muffler but only one on the car. Its no huge deal for me because I will just weld it on. The exhaust is decent looking. The welds are all mig welds (some of the flanges could be bad tig welds) and they aren't the greatest looking but are functional. The opening of the fart can at the end is huge! I was sticking my arm into the opening. I would prefer a smaller opening and figure I am gonna get labeled a ricer now around the streets. The car is loud but sounds decent. It sounds better than your typical honda with a fart can on it but not quite as good as my Formula I havent driven it yet as I have a small exhaust leak I have to fix first and wanted to take a small break. Another thing to note is I ordered the exhaust on the 2nd and it just arrived today. They gave me a couple different dates that it was supposed to go out and they got delayed. They said there welder quit on them and they would give me a gift certificate for the trouble. I never got it which dosn't really matter because I don't have anything else to buy from them.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ricer.........
Just Kidding.
So you didn't mention how it runs?
Can you get any pictures of the underside?
Ron

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
498Nova said:
Ricer.........
Just Kidding.
So you didn't mention how it runs?
Can you get any pictures of the underside?
Ron
yeah I'll get some for ya, I havent driven it yet. there is one exhaust leak that i can get to seal up. I am going to buy some thermal weld stuff for it right now and fix it for good.

·
Registered
79 Posts
clownhair said:
I got my 3" altered atmosphere cat-back on the car today. It was built for a cobalt but fits the redline just fine with one small exception. The hanger on the muffler doesn't line up with the hanger on the car and in fact there are 2 hangers on the muffler but only one on the car. Its no huge deal for me because I will just weld it on. The exhaust is decent looking. The welds are all mig welds (some of the flanges could be bad tig welds) and they aren't the greatest looking but are functional. The opening of the fart can at the end is huge! I was sticking my arm into the opening. I would prefer a smaller opening and figure I am gonna get labeled a ricer now around the streets. The car is loud but sounds decent. It sounds better than your typical honda with a fart can on it but not quite as good as my Formula I havent driven it yet as I have a small exhaust leak I have to fix first and wanted to take a small break. Another thing to note is I ordered the exhaust on the 2nd and it just arrived today. They gave me a couple different dates that it was supposed to go out and they got delayed. They said there welder quit on them and they would give me a gift certificate for the trouble. I never got it which dosn't really matter because I don't have anything else to buy from them.

Very Nice man I just sent my 2006 SS to get a custom Chambered Exhaust made. It might take them 3-4times to get it how I want but I am hoping for the best.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
jmc007 said:
Your tire's thread is very sporty ... what are those tires ?

the look like kelly chargers or some type of goodyear. looks exactly like the kelly chargers i had on my cougar for 2 days until i took an off ramp at 90 and broke some belts in one. i took it back the next day and had some bf goodrich's put on instead

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jmc007 said:
Your tire's thread is very sporty ... what are those tires ?
there the stock dunlops that come on the Redlines, off the top of my head I believe they are dunlop p6000's.

·
Registered
223 Posts
wow, read the post before you. :rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts