Cobalts SS banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm fairly new to my car and the forum. I've been doing some research through the threads but still have a couple questions. I have a stock 2010 looking to put on the k&n SRI, but wondering if it has to be tuned for the intake or if it is fine to run the intake with no tune. If it does have to be tuned, will the gms1 kit tune for the intake or will i need further tuning? Any help would be appreciated, thx.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey guys, I'm fairly new to my car and the forum. I've been doing some research through the threads but still have a couple questions. I have a stock 2010 looking to put on the k&n SRI, but wondering if it has to be tuned for the intake or if it is fine to run the intake with no tune. If it does have to be tuned, will the gms1 kit tune for the intake or will i need further tuning? Any help would be appreciated, thx.
No tune necessary. However, you won't utilize the full potential of any mod done to the car without a tune.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bruce said it perfectly
no tune needed

iyou have a 2010 tubo charged engine i would do more like exhaust charge piping big intercooler meth and boost controler and then tune thats my personal opinion

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool guys, thx for the info and tips. anyon know if the intakes differ between 09-10? k&n hasnt done any testing to see if their part for 08-09 will fit a 2010.

·
Registered
31 Posts
honda hunter turbo tech is a great place to go verry good prices i have bought alot from them so i can say you wont be disapointed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya i will check out TTR. apparently the K&N is backordered atm anyway, so i may end up going with hahn. I've heard good reviews about them anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so i just ordered a hahn instead, 360$ shipped express to canada, not bad at all. hopefully their product is as good as the price. thx for the help guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts