Cobalts SS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eventually I would like to install an intake system but right now I'm short on money. I was thinking keep the stock tubing and get a performance cone filter and one that might give off a nicer sound as well ? Any suggestions for types/brands/etc.? I would like to see if I could get away spending around $50 if that's even possible ? 2005 Cobalt SS--Supercharged

·
Registered
143 Posts
Airbox mod, should cost you about $7.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Coming off the b***om of your airbox there is snorkel. The b***om part of the snorkel is bigger than the top and middle. You cut out the middle and connect the b***om to the top via coupler, I used one from lowes. It's pretty simple on ss/tcs' I'm not sure about the ss/sc...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm thinking about just taking off the airbox and putting on a new cone filter. do you know how big the mouth is on the stock intake tubing ???

·
Registered
401 Posts
You can buy all the stuff you need for a custom intake from Autozone, Advance, etc. except for the connection for your mass air flow sensor. You can get that online for $40 from a site called Cobalt-Addiction.com. Altogether it should cost you $100. Just make sure you do it well otherwise you will get the Check Engine Light coming on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts