Cobalts SS banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if any others have noticed an annoying rattling type noise coming from the glovebox. At first I thought it was the CD cases in their so I emptied it, it still does it. There is also a rather noticable rattle/noise from my lower drivers door.

This is my first Chevy, is this normal? Should I just live with it?

·
Registered
61 Posts
hi pitched squak whistle coming about now that the car hit 1k miles....pissing me off came out of nowhere and sounds like it is from the rear quarter window area..anyone have that?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Everything in my car rattles. Due mostly to 3 infinty kappa perfect 10s on 3 1100 watt amps.

But for the most part the rear seats rattle when driving along with some interior trim.

Of course its my redline but you get the idea.

I bet the saabs on the same platform dont do this.

·
Registered
58 Posts
As for rattles I don't think I have any ( of course next time I drive it I'm sure I will now that I said that) but I seemed to have developed a higher pitched squeak that I think is coming from the passenger side area. I need to do some prodding and/or have my brother ride around with me for a bit, he seems to be gifted in finding where the problem locations are. My problem could be caused by the rustproofing I had done, but I really doubt it condsidering the extreme care the guy took when he rustproofed my car.

EDIT: Well whatever it was I got rid of it for the time being. I just pushed on things located on the passenger side of the car, seats, door panel, B-pillar, threshold.... No more squeak. Back to being a happy camper.

·
Registered
227 Posts
ss_sc_cobalt said:
hi pitched squak whistle coming about now that the car hit 1k miles....pissing me off came out of nowhere and sounds like it is from the rear quarter window area..anyone have that?

I have that exact rattle all of a sudden...and it is very very annoying. If I can't locate it I'm taking it back and demanding they fix it.

edit: And now my damn muffler baffles are broke, I can hear em....ugh...

·
Registered
283 Posts
ss_sc_cobalt said:
I have this happening to my car. It's the drive door right???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts