Cobalts SS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I will be picking up my SS N/A this saturday. I got a great deal on this so I decided to go with it instead of the S/C. Anyway, it came with the upgraded Radio with MP3 and XM and the Pioneer 7 Spkr system. Are these things ready for direct iPod connection? I read on some forums, not sure if these ones, that the Head Unit has AUX on it, or can I buy that Pioneer adapter that allows iPods to be connect? Or maybe the Monster iCruze will work.

Anyone have their iPod directly plugged into their radio? Tired of using this FM Transmitter, lol.

I guess I just need to know, does the radio have the CD Changer on the back to use a Monster iCruze, or does it have AUX for a simple RCA connection.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
i have the same radio in my ss/sc, and i've been wondering the same thing, i hate using the FM transmitter cuz it looses so much quality. i had it plugged into the back of my head unit on my ram, so going from that crisp sound quality to that of the FM transmitter sucks. i can't even figure out how to get the stock head unit out to look in the first place, so doesn anyone know about this?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I hate the iTrip, lol. I don't even care that much about the steering wheel audio controls. It would be a plus, but I just want the iPod directly connected.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would check out www.pac-audio.com. I don't know if they have anything out for our cars yet, but I would keep checking with them. I used their part that allows me to use my steering wheel controls with my aftermarket headunit, and it works great.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Try here http://www.logjamelectronics.com/pacaaigm24.html

It doesn't say if it'll work with the cobalt though...I've sent them two e-mails, and they didn't really answer my question with either. But the AUX port up front your thinking about is on the HHR, not the Cobalt, although they are both the same platform. And there are no AUX in the back either, so I think this would be your best bet, if it'll work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Question about the no AUX port. Doesnt there need to be an AUX or something for XM? I didnt get that option so shouldnt there be something open that i can make the AUX port?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts