Cobalts SS banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 cobalt ss. Every once in a while my car will not start, but the engine won't even crank like it's trying to start. I can turn the car on, so I don't think it's anything electrical, but the engine itself won't start. If I leave it alone for about 10-15 minutes it will start right up like nothing ever happened. This only happens every few months or so and has only happened a handful of times since the I started driving the car in 2007 (It was bought new by a family member, but it never did this before it was mine).

Has anybody else had anything similar happen? If so, what caused it? Any help anyone can offer will be appreciated. It happened again this morning and it's really starting to irritate me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry if there is already a thread for the same thing. I've looked but I didn't see one. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a wire might be loose on the starter, and when you get out of the car it moves it just engouht to start it...
We've actually thought of that and have tried just moving the car and then starting it, but it doesn't help. It will start after 10-15 min with or without the car moving at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts