Cobalts SS banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now own a 2006 cobalt ss sc.... Now when i rev my car a little high it drops back down then lingers around 2k for a couple seconds (without me being on pedal). Is this an issue?

Also I don't plan on revving it, just wanted to see if there was noticeable noises.

·
1,087 Posts
Kind of hard to understand what you mean, but what I think you are saying is the when you flog it in neutral, and let the revs go back down, they dont immediately drop but stay at 2k for a bit and then drop??

Mine does the same thing too if that is exactly what you are trying to describe. I believe it has to do with the safety features of the ecu so you don't leave extra fuel in the cylinders from reving it constantly. That and the stock flywheel is REALLY heavy. From factory I believe it is almost 25lbs? So a little 4 cylinder is going to have a tough time spinning it first off, but also controlling it to drop. But its good for gas mileage.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I just mean sitting there in neutral and hitting the gas hard to rev up the engine. I noticed it does it too if I run it super hard and then push in clutch and leave in clutch when i was high rpms.

Thanks for the response! I love my new cobalt!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I know people that used to rev their car EVERY day... if I ever rev it i never try to hit red line or anything and it is hardly ever lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts