Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, my 06 G85 Arrival Blue SS/SC has arrived at the dealer.
I hope to be able to drive it home today.
Ron

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ha me too! Just picked up my Black SS G85. Love this car!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Congrats on getting your Cobalts!! Enjoy! I know I do :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
ohhhh shit i here gm just put that shipment of balt ss/sc's out maybe mine came in today....maybe pops will bring it home...he will when it comes in and ya know ill be postin them pics ;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
I love this car, but its performance is so restricted from the factory. Tommarow I'm going to open up the intake a little. I'm guessing I have to remove the tire and the wheel well splash guard to get to the filter??

·
Registered
272 Posts
should
have the same power

·
Registered
297 Posts
498Nova said:
Finally, my 06 G85 Arrival Blue SS/SC has arrived at the dealer.
I hope to be able to drive it home today.
Ron
Ron, whats the verdict? Did you drive it home?
Replied to your last email ;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well opened up the air box and installed my universal K&N today. I never would have believed it would improve the performance and throttle responce as it did! As for the sound shit, this blower whines like a dirty whore!

·
Registered
232 Posts
EastCoastZ said:
Well opened up the air box and installed my universal K&N today. I never would have believed it would improve the performance and throttle responce as it did! As for the sound shit, this blower whines like a dirty whore!
What the heck were you doing with a dirty whore ?

Pay the extra money and get a clean one ! :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes,
I drove it home last night! Pretty odd, my first drive in an SS/SC Cobalt was after I purchased one. Call it 30+ years as a Chevy guy...faith that GM got this car right. A bit funny to think that I made my first pass down a dragstrip before most of the members here were born......
So, even though I have a whopping 40 miles on the car, I'm very pleased. I've driven countless cars, and this one is very well executed.
One thing though, even at 50 years old, I've always been used to rather rude and crude cars. Rude and crude to the senses that is.......not to the eyes. My 91 442 W41 Calais was quite the top of the line in it's time, but nowhere near as refined as the SS. Of course I "tweaked" the 442 just a bit....
Anyway, I'm just loving the SS. Everyone I've shown it to has also loved it...even the wing....which is a pain in the butt as far as rear vision is concerned.
On the other hand....I feel the need to lower it and make it louder! I can hardly hear the engine. And that big ass muffler....my god.
I'm being nice to the car, haven't seen more than 5lbs of boost, but love the easy driving and nice torque. I know this thing has potential. Wish I could get it to the drags, but it just aint a gonna happen till next spring. And by then I imagine it will have the stage 2 kit installed at the least. Can't help it......
Along those lines....I think by the seat of the pants, it has easy mid 14 second potential. Too bad no one here has done that...it will take some finesse...
The only complaint I have is with the paint quality......seems like the plastic parts shine reall well, but the body seems a bit dull. I think I'll have a chat with the dealer about that.......it should be better.
I'm happy I bought this car!
Ron

·
Registered
119 Posts
I just picked one up from Autozone.

·
Registered
297 Posts
498Nova said:
Yes,
I drove it home last night!
The only complaint I have is with the paint quality......seems like the plastic parts shine reall well, but the body seems a bit dull. I think I'll have a chat with the dealer about that.......it should be better.
I'm happy I bought this car!
Ron
Ron, I have heard this about a few other paint jobs... If after a good wash and wax, and she don't look right, I would take it back to the dealer.
I guess I was lucky because my car shines like a mirror.

Edit:
Ron, if you want it for your sig.... Here ya go, nice and blue!! :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
I hate you americans and being able to tint the front windows....lol. Anything from the drivers head and forward is illegal here (though people still do it, its a fine..and a good pricey one at that). Nice cars boyzzzzzzz...lol, hope ya'll have fun with them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts