Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a SS Sedan (I know...not as cool or fast as the coupe, but I have 2 young kids and could not bring myself to buy a Corolla), and found this very cool site. This particular discussion about problems the Cobalt has got me a little concerned so I looked for a forum on a higher end comparable Japanese car and found an Acura RSX site very similar to this one. Guess what...they too have a problem section and it reads almost like ours. Look for yourself.

RSX Forum Problem Discussion

·
Registered
258 Posts
Holy shit that is so funny, just go down reading all the topics and it sounds like they have more proplems.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Doesn't suprise me. Unfortunately the public is brainwashed to think imports are indestructible, and only american cars break. I've even caught myself believing inports are better than domestics, even though I've never owned or driven an import before. This info needs to get out to the general public.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
phxSS said:
Doesn't suprise me. Unfortunately the public is brainwashed to think imports are indestructible, and only american cars break. I've even caught myself believing inports are better than domestics, even though I've never owned or driven an import before. This info needs to get out to the general public.
You have to look at the number of problems per car manufactured. I have to say the Cobalt per car built has a lot more problems compared to the RSX.

·
Registered
309 Posts
wasey13 said:
For example?
Are you kidding me? Have you even clicked on the link? How about 85,000 honda minivan's recalled (kings of dependability eh) due to airbags!? That sounds safe :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
XeroState said:
Are you kidding me? Have you even clicked on the link? How about 85,000 honda minivan's recalled (kings of dependability eh) due to airbags!? That sounds safe :rolleyes:
Airbags deploying for minor accidents that is it(Nobody was hurt).. It was more of a problem for Honda then anyone else (Airbags are expensive).

What about Ford this year? 5th largest recall EVER! :rolleyes:

So really, who is kidding who?

*edit* Also did you miss where it said,
"GM recalls 804,000 trucks and SUVs",
"Chrysler, GM, Kia, Hyundai Recall 450,000 Vehicles ",
"Saab To Recall 300,000 Vehicles ",
"GM Recalling 19,000 CSVs "
"3500 V-6 Recall " ??????????????? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
309 Posts
wasey13 said:
Airbags deploying for minor accidents that is it(Nobody was hurt).. It was more of a problem for Honda then anyone else (Airbags are expensive).

What about Ford this year? 5th largest recall EVER! :rolleyes:

So really, who is kidding who?

*edit* Also did you miss where it said,
"GM recalls 804,000 trucks and SUVs",
"Chrysler, GM, Kia, Hyundai Recall 450,000 Vehicles ",
"Saab To Recall 300,000 Vehicles ",
"GM Recalling 19,000 CSVs "
"3500 V-6 Recall " ??????????????? :rolleyes:
Umm, air bags deploying can be cause to write off a vehicle and they can cause serious injuries to people (just cause it didn't, doesn't mean it wouldn't. my mom is a claims adjuster for vehicle accidents). I never said that domestics didn't have their problems, I just showed you a "serious" problem as air bags ARE serious problems regardless what they do.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
XeroState said:
Umm, air bags deploying can be cause to write off a vehicle and they can cause serious injuries to people (just cause it didn't, doesn't mean it wouldn't. my mom is a claims adjuster for vehicle accidents). I never said that domestics didn't have their problems, I just showed you a "serious" problem as air bags ARE serious problems regardless what they do.
But you made it seem like that one minute problem (in this case) discounted all of Honda's reputation for dependablity and safety. I was just saying it did NOT.

·
Registered
309 Posts
And you are pointing out some flaws in GM (who by the way, makes MANY cars a day) discounts GM's reputation. GM's are made WAY more public, and than Ford is next..oh and who is at the bottom, Honda, Toyota, etc.
http://www.jdpower.com/news/releases/pressrelease.asp?ID=2005089
And if you look at that, chevy has closed the gap on honda and acura, every year it gets closer and closer.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
XeroState said:
And you are pointing out some flaws in GM (who by the way, makes MANY cars a day) discounts GM's reputation. GM's are made WAY more public, and than Ford is next..oh and who is at the bottom, Honda, Toyota, etc.
http://www.jdpower.com/news/releases/pressrelease.asp?ID=2005089
And if you look at that, chevy has closed the gap on honda and acura, every year it gets closer and closer.
Actually I was pointing out A LOT of flaws in GM that PROVED their reputation. Who cares if its made public or not, as long as nobody gets hurt and the problem(s) get fixed? You are just trying to get your feelers hurt with this discussion. :cool:

·
Registered
115 Posts
You know wasey, I see everyone having all these problems with GM cars, and every car that my family has owned that wasn't GM has nothing but problems. We have yet to have any of the problems others have seen with GM cars. Maybe we're lucky, or maybe GM really doesn't suck. Personally, I will only buy GM because I've had nothing but bad experiences with Ford Motors and Daimler Chrysler, and imports don't fit with my tastes (ample torque is a necessity). I do this by choice and I'm not trying to convert anyone to my way of thinking. And I will never buy anything that comes out of Japan, and if I do, it will be so I can pack it full of C4 and blow it to hell.

·
Registered
291 Posts
wasey13 said:
Actually I was pointing out A LOT of flaws in GM that PROVED their reputation. Who cares if its made public or not, as long as nobody gets hurt and the problem(s) get fixed? You are just trying to get your feelers hurt with this discussion. :cool:
man I hope I don't hurt my feelers, I need them.

anyways here is JD powers vehicle nameplate dependability study.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You know that there's the general feeling that the man who pays morefor a car is generally more satisfied with the product than the guy who gets a deal. You'll note that the items near the top are either expensive (Lexus, Infiniti) or driven by old people (Buicks, Caddys, Lincolns) who put 20,000 miles on a car in 4 years. Just worth noting.

German cars seem to fare the worst on the list and that's just because they are less forgiving of missed service appointments than other types of cars.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I don't care, even IF GM vehicles do have a few more problems. I would NEVER lower myself to drive jap\korean crap :p

Peace :eek:

·
Registered
291 Posts
billzebub said:
You know that there's the general feeling that the man who pays morefor a car is generally more satisfied with the product than the guy who gets a deal. You'll note that the items near the top are either expensive (Lexus, Infiniti) or driven by old people (Buicks, Caddys, Lincolns) who put 20,000 miles on a car in 4 years. Just worth noting.

German cars seem to fare the worst on the list and that's just because they are less forgiving of missed service appointments than other types of cars.
I honestly can't say I dissagree with really any of the ranks they have on that chart. I just think alot of peoples perception of reliable cars is a bit skewed by personal bias. Also the list isn't about satisfaction, it is numerically based on the ammount of service work done per 100 cars.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts