Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know soem of you have seen my other pics of my TLs...or atleast I think i have posted the beam pattern pics but either way here is a TSX/SRT retro I did for a member off our brother forum, srtforums. Enjoy and tell mw that you think. Answer for the basic simple questions: these are 4300k oem HID bulbs in colormodded Acura TSX projectors using Hella Gen 3 oem HID ballasts.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Awesome OJ...

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!

I'm not sure if I'd ever be able to do cobalt or redline headlights because I use my own personal car to test and align each SRT/neon retro I do to ensure qulaity, level and even distribution of light output. My retros do have adjusters that I implement into the rear that alows the user to aim them left/right/up/down/ and allows allows them to loosen the projector up a tad to rotate the projector body a few degress left or right to help align the cut-off to be straight and level. They then have to tighten down the adjuster bolots and then align for vertical and horizontal adjustment.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Nice retrofit. Oh my lord the cuttoff on those are beautiful! I have never seen color like that from a TSX projector. How did you do it? Washers? Bending? new shield?

Impressive. :D

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
very nice work though you whould be pleased with the work you do and the quality of work you create. If you ever do the redline or cobalts I can see a bright future for you and your wallet.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mercury said:
Nice retrofit. Oh my lord the cuttoff on those are beautiful! I have never seen color like that from a TSX projector. How did you do it? Washers? Bending? new shield?

Impressive. :D
Washers. If you aren't on hidplanet, then you'll need to sign up. Well worth it. i help run that forum and we are THE source for HID info or anything related. http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8731&start=0

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Hey man! Im in TN didnt you say you were in AL?? I'll be gettin my SS several months from now but when I do I could bring it down for a lil while and let ya test em out on it if ya needed to! I wouldnt mind at all. I wouldnt wanna leave it down there so I would prolly just get a hotel or somethin, but I would DEFINITELY be willin if you'd like to expand you're variety!!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Those are so very bright and blue. Yeah, I'm sure you would have some business if you sold some to RL owners and SS/Sc owners alike. Nice work.

·
Registered
57 Posts
VERY interested in getting this done on my cobalt!!

How much does this conversion run for the SRT's?? Would price be comparable for the Cobalt?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have one question, my cobalt headlights have a pattern which widen on the passenger side to see like signs and what not. I noticed in the pictures you don't have that. Anyway, you can adjust that? My friend's xB is the same way as mine. At least your lights put out some serious light. Most projector mods don't or the pattern on them sucks. Like with the Angel eyes on the Hondas. Hey, that would be hot, Angel eyes around your projectors. Just a thought. - Matt

·
Registered
360 Posts
You have to remember, most people just swap out the stock bulb with a DIY HID kit.
Bad idea putting HIDs in OEM stock housings designed for reflectors.
Hak's are TRUE projectors that he retro-fits into the stock housing. His won't blind oncoming drivers like most amateur plug-n-play systems do. And they look stock!
Maybe if you guys got with him and he agrees, you could send him a set of stock SS headlamps for a retro-fit?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
deltona_cobalt said:
I have one question, my cobalt headlights have a pattern which widen on the passenger side to see like signs and what not. I noticed in the pictures you don't have that. Anyway, you can adjust that? My friend's xB is the same way as mine. At least your lights put out some serious light. Most projector mods don't or the pattern on them sucks. Like with the Angel eyes on the Hondas. Hey, that would be hot, Angel eyes around your projectors. Just a thought. - Matt
Actually Matt, these projectors do have the flare. The way these projectors are desigfned is that the right portion after the "step" in the beam begins to really stretch out over distances. They will light up signs and such but not as great as say some Valeo H7 or DOT Valeo shield projectors will. Also the reason why you illuminate up above my cut-off is because you have reflectors which dispurse light in all areasd whereas projectors focus light in the more needed area, the entire road. These projectors are NOT like the cheap ones found in those angle eye or aftermarket projector type headlights, these are true HID projectors as iball noted. HID projectors are built for HID unlike a conventional halogen projector. Even at halogen, the ones used in those crappy aftermarket projector lights often use very cheap mass produced H3 (fog light) projectors for their low beam which deliversw horrible lighting quality.

As far as making these for Cobalt/redline folks. I don't see how that would be possible unless I had one of those cars here for over a week or so for testing and fitment and that just doesn't seem like a feasable thing that can be done. If a friend of mine or anyone I know has either of those cars then it would be a different story. Perhaps something can be done if you guys were to take detailed pics of the headlight behind, infront space depth, clearance, pictures with a level ontop, etc etc, then maybe something can be worked out.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I can get ya all the pics ya need/want. I will have an extra set of headlights within a week and would be willing to send them to ya so you can really get a grasp of what you're dealing with (or you could glance at them at your local dealerships). Then if you think it's possible we'll take it from there.

My biggest concern is price. I have no clue what price range I'm looking at for something like this.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
2K2CamaroSS said:
My biggest concern is price. I have no clue what price range I'm looking at for something like this.
I wouldn't know either until I had my hands and an idea of what I'm looking at.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
see i'm not a big fan of dropping hid's into a car that isn't made for them, but those look very safe for oncoming traffic, and look like a good product.

since you don't have a cobalt to test your stuff out on, maybe we can set you up with one to test it out on... what area are you located in? with a job like that, you could probably have a bunch of kits sold to us cobalt owners...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts