Cobalts SS banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a ss S/C yellow. on a monday and then I had to bring it back on wed. because if I would give it more that half throttle it would bogg out one me and the boost gauge would read at 20psi. But there was no 20psi going through that blower, cause All I was doing was slowing down. Dealer says that it is the Cat.....but come on now. Any one else had this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I know, but 3 days of looking at it, thats what they tell me. On top of that they wont get the cat until tue. so I got to drive my car for ummm a day and thats it. so.....this sucks!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
I've already had my cat replaced about 20,000 miles. My check engine light turned on and the tone rattled a lot more than it had before.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Is it new or used? Our cars run way too rich stock because everyday there is a cat failure with the SS\SC.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car is brand new, they drove it off the show room floor. Now the one thing is, is that it was the test drive model so it did have 150 miles on it. But still it has 172 right now. If this dosnt fix the problem then I am going to tell them to get me a diffrent car. (then I can get the blue one that I want) If anyone has had this problem, please let me know what it was if they figured it out.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Same kind of thing happened to the Evo's when I worked at Mitsu. The get started up a bunch of time just to move them around the lot and the carbon builds up in the cat in which kills it prematurely. I'm 99% sure the cat is the failure on your car.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
well my question is then if the cat goes bad, it should throw a cel right? cause i thought i had deposits on the valves. when i get my exhaust done, i may lookin my cat and see what it looks like.

·
Registered
102 Posts
unacceptable. thats rediculous, hopefully it doesn't happen anymore once you get it fixed, do you have an 06 or 07, 06 i'm assuming right?

·
Registered
32 Posts
my cat was bad too. and my blower through a bearing 6000 miles on it dealer had it for 3 weeks i have a yellow ss/sc just ordered 02 sim so i can gut the cat and never have this problem again now i can also eliminate the resonater and go 3" i suggest you do the same this is soon to be a tsb for the s/c cobalts m62 needs more room to breathe thats why cats go back so quick

·
Registered
818 Posts
foundawinner said:
my cat was bad too. and my blower through a bearing 6000 miles on it dealer had it for 3 weeks i have a yellow ss/sc just ordered 02 sim so i can gut the cat and never have this problem again now i can also eliminate the resonater and go 3" i suggest you do the same this is soon to be a tsb for the s/c cobalts m62 needs more room to breathe thats why cats go back so quick
Good luck with that O2 sim ;)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hah thats funny. My mom's got an 03 Impala LS that she payed $35k for lol, it just now gave her a problem. Same problem as you. The cat is all clogged up just like everyone else is saying. I drove it, and it is horrible at half throttle, then I go 3/4 of the way down with the pedal and then its power comes in.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Also, on another note, you should try and get the blue Cobalt,or any other Cobalt for that matter. If you bought the test driven Cobalt with 150 miles on it, then each mile driven on that car has been driven hard on that car, which won't properly be broken in. Go for the blue! Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm a GM Technician that works at a dealer. I can tell you that these types of things happen everyday. I've had cars that come in with 3 or 4 miles with bad injectors. Its just a manufactures screw up. Don't take it to the heart and be lucky thats all it was.
Catalytics go bad in many ways, so it is possible for it to go bad in such short time.

Either way, good luck with that and PM me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
alright....I finnaly got the car back from the dealer (almost 2 weeks) when I got in the car is was like a whole new car. Much better! So I guess I was wrong to think that they were stupid and It was the cat. Oh by the way, I called GM headquaters and complained GM is sending me a letter that states that for the next 48,000 miles or 24 months which ever comes first.....I get FREE oil changes. So......im good now....yeah...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts