Cobalts SS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to buy one of those 55$ 3" pulleys off eBay, now I'm wondering, should I wait to install this when the ECU programs come out? Or should I just slam it on and then do reprogramming when it's out?

Does anyone know if an auto parts store like Murrays has a pulley puller/installer in their tool rental programs?

·
Registered
79 Posts
tube said:
I decided to buy one of those 55$ 3" pulleys off eBay, now I'm wondering, should I wait to install this when the ECU programs come out? Or should I just slam it on and then do reprogramming when it's out?

Does anyone know if an auto parts store like Murrays has a pulley puller/installer in their tool rental programs?

Slap that thing on there I already put one of the 3.00in pulleies on my 2006 SS I have 2 SS's Now :D and with no other mods it runs fine. If you want I will AF that one in the morning and give you a dyno info on my 2006 car. But I know my 2.85 is good to go.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm scared I just wasted my money after reading a story on .net about some guy who put a pulley on, but didn't get any power increase on the dyno. :confused:

I'm also worried about error codes. Is it true that the stock boost gauge will not go above 12.5 psi? I haven't ever seen beyond about 11 psi on mine while driving.

·
Registered
107 Posts
ive seen mine hit like 13 or 14 psi in chicago!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
tube said:
I'm scared I just wasted my money after reading a story on .net about some guy who put a pulley on, but didn't get any power increase on the dyno. :confused:

I'm also worried about error codes. Is it true that the stock boost gauge will not go above 12.5 psi? I haven't ever seen beyond about 11 psi on mine while driving.
My 2005 with a 2.85 pulley makes 15-16psi and about 25-30more RWHP and about 30-35more RWTQ on average.

·
Banned
200 Posts
evilcobaltSS said:
My 2005 with a 2.85 pulley makes 15-16psi and about 25-30more RWHP and about 30-35more RWTQ on average.
Wow, do you have the first rear drive conversion SS??? I suppose you have a set of headerS on order too :rolleyes:

·
Registered
364 Posts
MY GTP 8 U said:
Wow, do you have the first rear drive conversion SS??? I suppose you have a set of headerS on order too :rolleyes:
evil has so many cars. look at his sig they are all rwd. hes probably just uses to saying rwhp. no big deal we all know what he means

·
Registered
23 Posts
evilcobaltSS said:
If you want I will AF that one in the morning and give you a dyno info on my 2006 car. But I know my 2.85 is good to go.
Got any numbers with the 3.00" Pulley? I was thinking bout grabbing one off of ebay and driving that for the winter, and then getting the chevy kits come summer.

Thanks,
-Rich

1 - 8 of 8 Posts