Cobalts SS banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently bought a silver '06 chevy cobalt LT. i know it comes stock with 145hp (give or take 1 or 2). now i'm ready to ask all who can give me info and what i can do get the most HP (even if its bolt-on), for my Cobalt withouth gettin into the engine........ i know the basics like cold air intakes, exhaust systems... but what other tweaks can i do to get as much HP as possible... thanx for any responses i get.

mikeyb0y

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
im going threw the same thing you are. heres my list.
1. intake is injen (highly recomend, wont throw a cel like aem)
2. header is pacesetter armorcoat
3. gmpp exhaust.
4. im getting a rsm lighter crank pulley which is supposed to help out alot as well.
the tuning on the computer wont happen for a long time yet. gm locks the computers so they cant be tampered with. its a pain in the ass. but some people are developing new units... that is basically all i found to date. other then that its till a waiting game. good luck.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
i debated weather or not to tell you but i will anyway. hahn is making a turbo setup for our models which comes with a piggy back computer and a header... but be prepaired to spend 2700. to get the stage 2 (250 hp with boost turned down) then replace the pistons, c-rods, cams and a performance head and you should be in 400 hp range...... gmpp makes the cams and head. i have the part numbers if you want them. i was going to do that for n.a.

·
Banned
7 Posts
Show Off said:
i debated weather or not to tell you but i will anyway. hahn is making a turbo setup for our models which comes with a piggy back computer and a header... but be prepaired to spend 2700. to get the stage 2 (250 hp with boost turned down) then replace the pistons, c-rods, cams and a performance head and you should be in 400 hp range...... gmpp makes the cams and head. i have the part numbers if you want them. i was going to do that for n.a.
ok.. first of all you will not be able to control the boost.. it will be set at a set PSI from hahn.. so it will not be "turned down" it will propbably be at like.. 8-10 psi maybe 10-14 for a stg 2.. the boost is controlled by what will most likly be on the hahn turbo with an internal wastegate.. whitch is for a set psi.. which is how the boost is set on a bolt on turbo like such hahn turbo ....a stage 2 is going to cost around 4,000 not 2,700, u should try coming to Cobaltss.net and going into a forum where Bill from Hahn racecract is VERY active in talking with his test car.. the turbo kit for the Cavi is 3,200 for a stage 2 and the cavi has had a kit out for quite some time.... and according to http://hahnracecraft.com/ProjectVehicles/New_Folder/Cobalt/CobaltTurbo20.htm that link right there the safe hp output will be 230 hp without doing anything more than a bigger exaust..

so for whoever made this post, there really isnt much u can do right now buddy, i sugst maybe a bigger downpipe, exaust, header, intake,.. and than a short throw shifter, (wont improve times but will make shifing faster) a torque brace.. get rid of wheel hop, redo the suspension, springs, sway bar kit, other than that, thats about all i can think of without SERIOUS mods... and a supercharger kit isnt out for our cars yet, i honestly dont think it wilol ever be.. because why sell tht bolt on kit.. than u can buy a car for 14,000 and slap a s\c on there and have a 2.2l s\c engine for less than a ss\na going at msrp... so i doubt gm will ever release a s\c kit for the base car..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts