Cobalts SS banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went to the dealer and got the stage 1 kit put in at Hendrick Chevrolet in Cary, NC. They had no idea what they were doing. They thought it was a supercharged stage 1 kit at first, but then they figured it out and it took a whopping 3.5 hours to get it all finished. I was pretty pissed, but they were cool and charged me a fair price so I was satisfied in the end.

It is definitely more responsive and hits boost more quickly and I'm holding right at 20psi now under WOT. I still feel like I might have a boost leak just based on how the needle bounces off the 20 to about the 18 and back very quickly, but who knows. They didn't have a boost leak test setup at the dealership.

I think I'm gonna do charge piping and a downpipe and probably be done until I get some spare cash to grab the rest of the Hahn exhaust.

Now I just need to find a knowledgeable shop in North Carolina that can help me with dynoing and further upgrades. Anyone know of any?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
well I take back what I say about being happy.

Car doesn't feel as snappy today and the check engine light was on as soon as I started the car, FML. It drove home all the way from the dealership just fine

edit: skoal boy do you know a reputable shop around fayetteville? I'm looking to do some dyno pulls and downpipe and charge piping once I get this CEL issue ironed out.

·
Banned
59 Posts
wow dude no offance but you need to get your car tuned i believe the gms1 kit is a tune plus something? dont know a whole lot on the lnf's except i beat a tuned one with exhaust on 22lbs of boost AHAHHAHAHHA but really if you get it tuned then you should be where skoal boy is

1 - 4 of 4 Posts