Cobalts SS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife is picking up her red '06 SS/SC tommorrow, so I will be cruising through the forum reading up on and learning about her cool new toy.
Sportline springs and a drop-in filter will be first on the mod list.
Any issues/differences between '05 and '06 when looking for parts?
Any one make a lower facia screen insert worth looking at, or do I spend some time makin' my own?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
NOw the real question............. what do YOU drive :D... I hope your's is faster LOL

Congrats on the new addition

·
Registered
232 Posts
KSE said:
NOw the real question............. what do YOU drive :D... I hope your's is faster LOL

Congrats on the new addition
Thats funny as hell.... EXACTLY what I was thinking !

Anyways though... WELCOME !!! I dont believe there are any differences between the 05 and 06. I know people have made grills for the lower fascia dont know if anybody produces one yet though !

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KSE said:

Well... I'm a diehard big car V8 rearwheel drive guy. Daily driver is a somewhat tricked out 94 Caprice wagon, LT1, air intake, flows,3.73's,lowered, '17's, tinted...blah blah blah. And although it makes more power and torque than the Cobalt, it has a severe weight disadvantage, to the tune of about 1600lbs!!! Car has gone 15.42,so I don't think I will be challnging her with that (once she gets back up to speed on the manual tranny).But!!! I have a '66 Impala SS that made 311/320 at the wheels, and ran 13.84/101 in street trim. So if she gets to cocky with her smack talk about my slow ass grampa wagon, I'm ready. ;)
The Cobalt is not a car that I personally would have looked at. I'm way too anal about my V8's. But I am impessed with the solid feel of it and of course the power and the stick. I'm glad that she found something she likes finally.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts