Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K&N is looking for all Cobalts for evaluating and testing of a Performance replacement filter, and Performance Intake kits. Candidates must be in the Southern California region. Your Cobalt will be used for about 3-5 days. A rental car can be made available, if needed. Also, dyno charts can be made available upon request. Interested candidates, please contact me directly, at [email protected].

Thank you.

Moderators, please remove previous 61BelAir sticky, and make this a sticky!

Thank you
James

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Follow up !!

K&N needs a Cobalt SS for development of intake in Southern CA ! Get a free intake !!

K&N needs two Cobalt SS's to test out their prototype intake for the Cobalt SS on.

They would need the car for roughly a week, and for your time you would get a brand new intake at no charge.

If your over 25, you would get a free rental car for the time your car is at K&N's factory.

If you can help, please contact James Yim at [email protected]

Someone in southern California, donate some of your time, get a free K&N intake for your Cobalt SS and help out the Cobalt SS community by getting a new intake for our cars !!

·
Registered
434 Posts
If they didn't have to be based on THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COUNTRY, I'd be glad to get a free intake...errr...I mean offer my car for testing ;)

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
dervin3 said:
If they didn't have to be based on THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COUNTRY, I'd be glad to get a free intake...errr...I mean offer my car for testing ;)
Ill do my best to convince them to move their 100,000 square foot facility/warehouse/manufacturing building to the east coast. But, in case they dont, Dervin3 you can still make a road trip ! Heh.

Or, anyone in California/Nevada, this is your chance to get a free intake, and help out the Cobalt community !

·
Registered
29 Posts
TO K&N INC

Please make these CAI better than the ones you made for the SRT-4. The brackets are breaking and we are sucking in the temp sensor grommets that damage our turbos. Great product overall and awesome sound, but I am having to buy a new CAI because of my bracket. I drive my car easy!!! I'm not slamming you guys, your filters are excellent...just make the tubing better! Thanks.
Eric

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
My_slo_n3on said:
Please make these CAI better than the ones you made for the SRT-4. The brackets are breaking and we are sucking in the temp sensor grommets that damage our turbos. Great product overall and awesome sound, but I am having to buy a new CAI because of my bracket. I drive my car easy!!! I'm not slamming you guys, your filters are excellent...just make the tubing better! Thanks.
Eric
I dont work at K&N, but we are a warehouse distributor for them. I just want to stress that they revised their intakes with a newer version so that they are much stronger (few guys were breaking their securement brackets due to hard launches with soft stock motor mounts). I cant say from experience as I never had any issues with my K&N intake, but my guess with just about all of the SRT-4 guys having issues with the grommet, are ones that are not being careful when they are inserting the sensor, causing it to not be solidly in place.

I firmly believe in the K&N product, as its produced great gains across the board, never had a single fitment issue and they stand behind their product with an extremely good warranty. I know you may have a few qualms on the SRT-4 intake, but like I was saying I think a lot of those were user induced, and I can guarantee you they will produce a awesome Cobalt intake.

·
Registered
6 Posts
any one looking to test a cobalt in the southern california area? i have two cobalt ss and am willing to lend one for testing purposes for a reasonable amount. you can contact me by my cell phone during the daytime( pacific time). my cell number is 951-545-1969. turbo

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm considering going with the Injen intake myself since the vendors are cutting deals to get them out there and I really don't feel like waiting around until sometime around XMas when money is going to be tight to put an intake in. Does anyone know when/if K & N plans on releasing the intakes for the 2.2L in the non-SS/SC?

Thanks,

Permafried-

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.