Cobalts SS banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to program the keyless entry remotes. I recently had to replace the batteries on my remotes and now they won't work at all. The batteries are installed properly and all and both remotes are in woeking condition. Can someone please help me out? Thank you

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Shouldnt have to reprogram when just changing batteries. Make sure there is no trash in the casing, or a broken solder.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought the two remote keyless and took to Chevy Dealer shop to set up with new remote keyless. The Guy from GM Serivce Dept. told that my '05Cobalt don't have Power Door Lock/Power Windows and won't work with the remote keyless.:mad: :mad:
Is that :confused: true.

·
Site Moderator
3,724 Posts
I just bought the two remote keyless and took to Chevy Dealer shop to set up with new remote keyless. The Guy from GM Serivce Dept. told that my '05Cobalt don't have Power Door Lock/Power Windows and won't work with the remote keyless.:mad: :mad:
Is that :confused: true.
You can't get keyless entry on a door without power locks.

*Captain Obvious flies into the night*

:p

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know how to program the keyless entry remotes. I recently had to replace the batteries on my remotes and now they won't work at all. The batteries are installed properly and all and both remotes are in woeking condition. Can someone please help me out? Thank you
Just a quick FYI - From the people I've talked to on ************* the rule of thumb should be in order to program the remotes you need to have the dealership / parts department configure things...

I know for like new keys you need to put the old key into the ingnition, turn the car on, then off and put the new key in the ignition and turn it to the accessory mode and it then should recognise the new key...

again this is for a new key but I would imagine the remote would have some similar security feature.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts