Cobalts SS banner

KILLED by an Orange in North Phoenix

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  AJSINAZ 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, i own an '04 SRT-4. I was driving home from work this evening when i saw an Orange SS coming up on me on 32nd Street, just south of Thunderbird. The first was from a dig but he had to shut down, the second was from maybe a 50 roll. I got massacred by at least to cars by the time we shut down at around 100. Anyone know who it was? I wanted to talk to him, but he didn't stop for anything. He had a supercharger (spool), but i couldn't tell what else. I have minimal mods, waste gate and stage 1 chip. This is the first time i have run into one, good race whoever you are.

#6 ·
blue05cobalt said:
but what if something did go wrong would it detect it and what does maf stand for
not sure about the first part of your question as i'm not an expert on maf-t's that's why i have never used one. it's basically only if you want to run bigger injectors, smaller pulley, etc. maf stands for mass air flow, as in the sensor in the intake tube that sends messages to the pcm.

#10 ·
blue05cobalt said:
but what if something did go wrong would it detect it and what does maf stand for
MAF stands for MASS AIR FLOW it calulates the air flow entering the engine to adjust the amount of fuel needed. The maf-translater just mods the signal to the pcm to tell the pcm its getting more air then it actually is so the car will add more fuel..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.