Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. New memmber here. Hopefully soon, I'll be able to say I own a cobalt ss supercharged :D . I am going to be leasing the car for probley 36 months. I was wondering how much i should expect to pay monthly and how much due at signing? Hopefully I could get one with Side airbags, Sunroof, and thats about all I need. Alright guys thanks. And I love the website, keep up the good work! :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
don't do it

Boovila said:
Hello everyone. New memmber here. Hopefully soon, I'll be able to say I own a cobalt ss supercharged :D . I am going to be leasing the car for probley 36 months. I was wondering how much i should expect to pay monthly and how much due at signing? Hopefully I could get one with Side airbags, Sunroof, and thats about all I need. Alright guys thanks. And I love the website, keep up the good work! :)
You have chosen wisely my son, but your system is flawed... :D
Don't lease it, you gotta buy it!!! Mods, Looks, the need for speed...cmon you know you want to...not sure I don't even know anyone else who has one much less leasing one...I'll do some research though...

·
Registered
945 Posts
im actually leasing mine rather than buying it, i kinda wish i would've just looked into buying but hey if i want i can just buy the damn thing anyways when i go to turn it in.

i pay 305 for my lease with only 1 grand down from my trade in explorer its actually only 282 but i tacked on the oil changes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see. Well for speed, it is going to be my first car so I think that the speed is enough for now. If I like it, I'll buy it after the lease. Then I could start modding.

I have a quick question though, what are some of the bugs/problems these cars are having if they even have any?

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I'm not able to get a good lease rate, around 199-250 with a 1500-3000 down payment, I'll go over the Saturn dealer and check out the redlines. Main thing I don't like about the redline is the interior :( BUT, I don't feel like driving around an RSX-Type S or an SRT-4 (no offense to the SRT-4 guys or the RSX guys, I'm just not into the car).

Besides the interior, if anyone here knows, what else would you say is different between the Cobalt SS and the Ion Redline other than a few exterior designs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The redlines faster j/k it's a little bit cheaper and it has suicide doors that make it alot easier to get in the back.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The Rline has the polimer panels. 12,000 miles and not a ding. Also, the Redline has the lighter 17" wheels. They are almost the same car though. I almost wish I had waited so I could of gotten a yellow Cobalt SS

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The thing I think I will not get accustomed to with the Redline are the Gauges. They just look soo out of place. What do you redline owneers think of them? Also how is the interior and exterior quality of the redline. Not to be stereotypical, but Saturn sort of does have a reputation for not having good quality panels both outside and inside.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
well i am leasing my ss (which i slightly regret, just for the fact that i cant mod) but my payment is also 305 a month after taxes and stuff, and my down was 670 which included the first months payment.

hey do ions have the same tires? pirellis pzero z-rated?
its great having stock tires that are better than my friends that buy custom lowprofs
Traction AA!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sean said:
well i am leasing my ss (which i slightly regret, just for the fact that i cant mod) but my payment is also 305 a month after taxes and stuff, and my down was 670 which included the first months payment.

hey do ions have the same tires? pirellis pzero z-rated?
its great having stock tires that are better than my friends that buy custom lowprofs
Traction AA!

So you put 670$ down and your paying 305 a month after taxes? That doesn't seem high at all. My mothers leasing a 2004 maxima. She put 1,800 down and is paying 330 after taxes. So if I were to put around 2000 down payment, how much do you guys think I would have to pay monthly? Do you think I could get away with 199-250 a month before taxes?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
i dunno really, i am leasing for 4 years, so my payments might be lower cuz o that,
but you should go ask the dealer you are gonna use, cuz some could be real bitches

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
oh lol i can tell ya
if you do get one with a sunroof, the little plastic part that goes around the toggle switch for the roof, might pop off, that will really piss you off, i had the dealer put it back on, it lasted a week then cam off again so i crazyglued it and now its fine.
also the leather problems, but they dont botther me too much. i dont wanna go into detail about those, but just go to the threads about them and you can find out. also, some have problems with the muffler, and also the little thing on the shifter that displays where the gears are came off on mine so i glued that too. other than that, you pretty safe, thats all ive heard of. also you should drive one and see how much the spoiler pisses you off with your rear view, but if you can get over those, then youll love the car. What color would you get??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sean said:
oh lol i can tell ya
if you do get one with a sunroof, the little plastic part that goes around the toggle switch for the roof, might pop off, that will really piss you off, i had the dealer put it back on, it lasted a week then cam off again so i crazyglued it and now its fine.
also the leather problems, but they dont botther me too much. i dont wanna go into detail about those, but just go to the threads about them and you can find out. also, some have problems with the muffler, and also the little thing on the shifter that displays where the gears are came off on mine so i glued that too. other than that, you pretty safe, thats all ive heard of. also you should drive one and see how much the spoiler pisses you off with your rear view, but if you can get over those, then youll love the car. What color would you get??

Hhmm. Well I think I would either go for Black, Blue or Red. To tell you the truth, I like all of the colors they offer.

One thing that could work to my advantage is waiting. See the thing is, do you guys think it would be better to wait another year or so for the 2006 models when all the bugs and stuff are worked out? My mother is going out of the country untill next June or so and she wouldn't mind me driving her Maxima in the mean time. When do you guys think the 2006 models will be rolling out? Thanks

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
yeah id deffinitly sugest that. especially if you have the maxima in the meantime. dont let the lease go to waste while shes gone!
oh and if you are going to be doing any sort of racing (especially like autocross or courses) or even if you are going to go on windy roads and have some fun there, then i would highly highly suggest the LSD package, because i get A LOT of wheelspin when giving it gas around corners, and i have also heard highly of the recaros.
also the sunroof i would suggest, because i think it just makes the cobalt look better then it is open or on tilt. but it is up to what you think

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah I am deffinitley thinking about getting the sunroof. Just makes cruising around alot nicer. I am also going to be getting the airbag option. You just never know. And I don't think I am going to be getting the LSD package because I don't even think I am going to be street racing. (I don't even know how to drive stick shift that well :( yet..)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
well just get what suits your needs, because that is all that matters,
im just telling you what i would do, now that i have already gone through the process

·
Registered
128 Posts
Boovila said:
The thing I think I will not get accustomed to with the Redline are the Gauges. They just look soo out of place. What do you redline owneers think of them? Also how is the interior and exterior quality of the redline. Not to be stereotypical, but Saturn sort of does have a reputation for not having good quality panels both outside and inside.
The gauges were weird at first, but now that I am used to them I really like them. The interior is very nice. The only gripes I have about it is when you have the radio up there are some rattles that they cant seem to fix, and the shifter knob keeps coming off, but that was fixed with a little JB Weld. The Recaro seats are great (standard on every Redline), and the overall build quality is very nice. There aren't any abnormal gaps in the body lines and the polimer panels make it so you can't get any dents. I personally like the front end of the Redline better, it looks like it's pissed off, while most cars look like they are smiling. The suicide doors make it easy to get in and out of the back.
I don't want it to sound like the Redline is a better car, Im just pointing out its strong points.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
LoungeLizard said:
The gauges were weird at first, but now that I am used to them I really like them. The interior is very nice. The only gripes I have about it is when you have the radio up there are some rattles that they cant seem to fix, and the shifter knob keeps coming off, but that was fixed with a little JB Weld. The Recaro seats are great (standard on every Redline), and the overall build quality is very nice. There aren't any abnormal gaps in the body lines and the polimer panels make it so you can't get any dents. I personally like the front end of the Redline better, it looks like it's pissed off, while most cars look like they are smiling. The suicide doors make it easy to get in and out of the back.
I don't want it to sound like the Redline is a better car, Im just pointing out its strong points.
Boovila sorry to hijack.

LoungeLizard, are the redlines trunks as huge as the cobalt SS's and do the back seats have more room then the SS's? Just curious, sorry again boovila.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Don't worry about it wasey13, I was actually wondering the same thing. So now I'm not to decided on what to get. Oh well, I'm going to be going to the dealers soon, I'll test drive them (hopefully I don't stall to often lol) and I'll see which I like best. I'm just a little concerned about the rattles with the Saturn, even though the Cobalt might have them also. So I'll see. Thanks for the responses everyone.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts