Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

hope this works, its the first time ive had to upload a pic. let me know what you think.
NOW I HAVE TO GET HID'S, IF YOU KNOW WHO'S GOT THEM THE CHEAPEST, PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya, my fog lights outshine my brights. but hey, if it looks good...

·
Registered
482 Posts
Yo! That looks so sick I almost caught cancer w/ a side case of gingivitus (i think i spelled it right). I'm not a big fan of blacked out head lights but that was a good move. I commend you my friend.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks. i grew up on muscle cars and "cruisers" so i am considering putting some blue dots on the tail lights. maybe ill try stickers b4 i make that commitment.

please let me know if you come across some reasonably priced hid's for our car.

·
Registered
125 Posts
yea, i dont really care for it either.. too much on one color.. i would have painted the chrome inside the light insted

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
let me clarify...the lights still shine through, just not as bright...thats why im getting hid's. i also keep my fogs on at night. asked a few cops, nothing illegal. the lights are still white and turn signals still amber. this week i will be adding charcoal rally stripes to match interior, and within a month i plan on having lambo doors.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
fleckenwhat said:
let me clarify...the lights still shine through, just not as bright...thats why im getting hid's. i also keep my fogs on at night. asked a few cops, nothing illegal. the lights are still white and turn signals still amber. this week i will be adding charcoal rally stripes to match interior, and within a month i plan on having lambo doors.
WOW the cops around here would nail me for something like that... But you are very luck that they still work good enough.

Keep the up dated pics coming.

·
Registered
895 Posts
fleckenwhat said:
HIDs aren't going to help you out much. The pattern will be all off and add that with your painted headlight and you can forget about safety and the actual reason why we have headlights in the first place. A smarter things you should of done was make a cover just like old school blackouts used to be. That way they are "removeable". You get the look you want with the performance and safety your supposed to have. I can tell you just by looking at how dark and non translucent your lights are now, you can't see hardly squat.

Not feeleing it at all aesthetically or performance wise.

If you go HIDs, retro or go home.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it stands to reason that brighter lights will shine through better. its not like im getting no light at all, just about half the brightness as usual. i didnt use paint, i used tint spray, and it actually appears darker in daylight than at night. up close you can still see thru the lens with the lights off.

and im sure it gave me 30 more horse power :)

·
Registered
895 Posts
fleckenwhat said:
what exactly do you mean by that?
He and I mean, if your going to install HIDs, at least do it the right way. That would mean doing a retro and not buying a kit. But, its your car and everyone is entitled to do as they wish.

·
Registered
113 Posts
what if they were tinted like the legal limit on windows? if its not too dark a flashlight can shine through just fine....thats how cops test tint in my area.... the cop held the flashlight to the inside of the window and it shined through so he didnt fuss over it.

·
Registered
482 Posts
CobaltDude81 said:
what if they were tinted like the legal limit on windows? if its not too dark a flashlight can shine through just fine....thats how cops test tint in my area.... the cop held the flashlight to the inside of the window and it shined through so he didnt fuss over it.

That would look good too. When I get my SS thats pretty much what I was gonna do. Looks like the blacked out head lights are "hate it or love it". I still like em though. Can't wait to see the rally stripes and lambos though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts